IGNORED

A long list of ifs.

I'm referring to DZ-Jay's code. I'll try yours.

Make sure that you are loading GRAM properly and a WAIT afterwards.

My code works, it does nothing strange. It does, however, depend on GRAM being loaded properly and in the same position you had it before.

Why won't it work right? I'm using v.1.2.9. Here's how I compile it (my batch folder)

intybasic --jlp  --title "quest of the cranberry."  cranberry6.bas cranberry6.asm
bin\as1600.exe -o cranberry6 -l cranberry6.lst cranberry6.asm
pause

And this is the result on older versions of jzIntv and LTO Flash!:

post-9475-0-94188700-1546884879.gif

Edited by atari2600land

I have no idea. The file I sent you worked fine in emulation under jzIntv. Did you change anything?

Like I said, please confirm that GRAM is being loaded adequately.

Also make sure that your code or data doesn't break out of the ROM segment boundaries.

dZ.

P.S. I didn't check or debug your file, only the small snippet of code I added.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I found the problem. Inty BASIC does not like it when I divide numbers by numbers that aren't powers of 2. So I ended up changing cmaduga's code to this:

cointwirltimer=cointwirltimer+1    
    #backtab(29)=$0800 + BG_ORANGE + FG_YELLOW + 8*(57+animate(cointwirltimer/4))
    if cointwirltimer=44 then cointwirltimer=0

And that works on older jzINTV, newest jzINTV, and LTO Flash.

I found the problem. Inty BASIC does not like it when I divide numbers by numbers that aren't powers of 2. So I ended up changing cmaduga's code to this:

cointwirltimer=cointwirltimer+1    
    #backtab(29)=$0800 + BG_ORANGE + FG_YELLOW + 8*(57+animate(cointwirltimer/4))
    if cointwirltimer=44 then cointwirltimer=0
And that works on older jzINTV, newest jzINTV, and LTO Flash.

You know that the problem isn't the divide by 10. It's probably the size of the code that went beyond a segment. You should have changed the segment using the ASM ORG directive.

If I were you, I wouldn't accept something like "IntyBASIC doesn't like it when I divide by numbers which are not powers of 2."

That sounds to me like a very stupid reason, so you should know that there is something else going on. If you don't find out what it is, it'll probably bite you in the ass some day soon.

dZ.

My experience with going past segment limits is that jzintv won't even run it... usually I get a black screen.

In this case it's interesting that the issue only shows up on real hardware.

Either way, I'm not sure I get the whole issue mentioned about division, but the segment thing should be easy to test.

My experience with going past segment limits is that jzintv won't even run it... usually I get a black screen.

In this case it's interesting that the issue only shows up on real hardware.

Either way, I'm not sure I get the whole issue mentioned about division, but the segment thing should be easy to test.

When your code goes out into the weeds, it will crash the emulator. When your data structures go out into the weeds, the emulator may just read garbage from them and run normally. If those data structures define graphics, then you may or may not get what you expect.