IGNORED

DIS6502 - The Interactive 6502 Disassembler

JAC!

3 hours ago, flashjazzcat said:

Wow... just tried disassembling my own SIDE.SYS driver (wasn't sure if SDX relocatable binaries were even supported yet). Works... great!

Only partly. The parsing of the different segment types works, but overallm the label resolution is currently broken atm. 

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/6/2019 at 5:09 PM, JAC! said:

DIS6502 is an interactive 6502 disassembler. It can disassemble handle plain binary files and support specific executable files of Atari 8-bit, C64 and Oric computers. This support also includes the labels and handling of the operating system vectors to make the disassembly better. It can output the assembly listing in different configurable formats and comes with preset profiles for popular assemblers like ASMED, CA64, LADS, MAC65, and MADS.

There are currently two versions available:

Version 3.0 uses a new workspace format. You can open old workspaces in older formats but only save in the new format. Therefore you should make a backup of your old workspace, before using the new version. Version 3.0 is not yet officially released, but you are strongly encouraged to use it and send feedback.

Hey Jac!, there are some great improvements in v3.0 and looking forward for an official release. Unfortunately the current one (downloadable from the link above) has an issue with renaming labels which prevents use ?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

two weeks ago Eric contated me because he wanted to use his vacation to fix the non-working SDX support.

He found that actually somebody had forked DIS6502 to an own repo to develop it futher and modernize the code. 

In the end we have decided to branch the August 2019 version the current release and will provide an official release of 3.0 with working SDX support where we will only incorporate bug fixes.

https://sourceforge.net/p/dis6502/git/ci/sdx_stable/tree/

The master branch has already been developed further (e.g. the changes from the fork are incorporated) and will be V3.1. It will undergo major refactoring to make use of modern C++ features, reduce the Win32 code and simplify adding features (multiple user equates, ...) . The workspace format of 3.1 might be little different because of that. But let's see.

Best regards, Eric & Peter.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Peter and I are pleased to release the version 3.0.
Peter did a great underground job on converting this 14 years old C program to a modern C++ program (still a work in progress).
He also worked on a new UI and some other options listed below during the last 5 years.
My contribution was targeted on the disassembly (including SDX support).

Here are the main features compared to 2.2 which was released in May 2006. How time passes...

- Disassembly of SDX binaries with relocatable segments
- jsr PRINTF is automatically detected to display parameters correctly
- Disassembly can now generate references with an offset (lda L30FA+1)
- Comments can be added in the disassembly listing before an instruction
- 2 new type of bytes added in the dump pane (SpartaDos X label and SpartaDos X fix-ups)
- A label prefix can be assigned to a segment
- Unused system equates are displayed in grey in the disassembly pane
- The window can now be resized and the dump pane switch between 8 and 16 bytes per line
- Option to display Atari font in double height
- Open file submenu containing all the supported file types
- Menu entry "New Workspace" allows to select a different system (Atari800, Atari5200 or Oric)
- The dump pane title shows the current selection of the disassembly pane
- Workspace and profile files have been converted to XML format
- The default profile is now MADS
- The default behavior when opening a second file is to keep the segments of the first file (this may change in a next release)

There may be other features I forget because the development started 5 years ago...

You can download the latest version here
https://sourceforge.net/projects/dis6502/files/latest/download

Hope this version will have the same success as the version 2.2 which has been downloaded 12 757 times.
Does it mean that we have more than 12 000 Atari 6502 developers out there?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

38 minutes ago, zbyti said:

@ebiguy You linked 2.2 not 3.0.

The link is good but I guess the multiple SourceForge servers are not synchronized immediately.

Here, from France, the link is OK

Could you try it tomorrow morning and tell me if the link is OK for you.

Thank you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marcokitt2000 said:

Eric en Peter you do great stuff and i like it.

Hi Marco,

I remember you as a DIS6502 enthusiast from the first day.

I would be pleased to know what you are (still) doing with DIS6502.

Please share your journey with the product!

13 hours ago, ebiguy said:

The link is good but I guess the multiple SourceForge servers are not synchronized immediately.

Here, from France, the link is OK

Could you try it tomorrow morning and tell me if the link is OK for you.

Thank you.

OK I'll check it tomorrow, for now I already downloaded it manually, great work!

Edited by zbyti

17 hours ago, ebiguy said:

Hi Marco,

I remember you as a DIS6502 enthusiast from the first day.

I would be pleased to know what you are (still) doing with DIS6502.

Please share your journey with the product!

Hello Eric,

Yes i was used and test and like the video from Peter.

For me is make source code from appz and games.

But i have little spare time, allso i like sio2pc aspeqt respeqt i now atari8warez Ray is not upding any more.

But i like his program to use sio2 1050 look like(prosystem) alibpc.

And i like allso the sdrive max lot of fun.

I will test 3.0 dis6502 but so far look great.

Gr. Marco

1 hour ago, zbyti said:

still 2.2

Thank you very much.

Then I don't know what to do...

SourceForge was great 14 years ago but now this site seems so outdated compared to GitHub or BitBucket...

I can either replace the 2.2 binary by the 3.0 (to avoid losing all the download statistics for this file) or remove it.

@zbyti May I ask you to try again tomorrow to check if my above change (whatever I do) has an impact on the version downloaded?

EDIT: The issue comes from the mirrors which are not updated for an unknown reason.

Changing the files in the main server won't have any positive impact on mirrors.

Edited by ebiguy

On 5/13/2020 at 8:20 PM, ebiguy said:

Thank you very much.

Then I don't know what to do...

SourceForge was great 14 years ago but now this site seems so outdated compared to GitHub or BitBucket...

I can either replace the 2.2 binary by the 3.0 (to avoid losing all the download statistics for this file) or remove it.

@zbyti May I ask you to try again tomorrow to check if my above change (whatever I do) has an impact on the version downloaded?

EDIT: The issue comes from the mirrors which are not updated for an unknown reason.

Changing the files in the main server won't have any positive impact on mirrors.

I've verified it here from my side and it works, i.e. default download is 3.0. Which is your host OS? Sourceforge supports different default downloads per OS.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, JAC! said:

Which is your host OS? Sourceforge supports different default downloads per OS.

Bingo! I think you find the reason!

49 minutes ago, zbyti said:

Linux

If I dare, would you try again now that I have changed the default download for Linux?

But I don't know if this version works in Wine.

I did not test.

• Like 1

hi Ebiguy and JAC,

I gotta say 3.0 looks great and the improvements are stellar to an already stellar piece of software. the only basic improvement I can see that was missed is "CBYTE" handling. not  a showstopper by any means tho. excellent work guys!

Ken

• Thanks 1