IGNORED

This is the ultimate "2-5-7" web site

I thought the old site was good, but this is the ultimate Atari "2-5-7" web site.

I hope it's OK if I use whatever information I can find on your site to help me with my chronological history of Atari 2600 games.

Here's the address, in case you want to see it: http://www.homestead.com/FiAtari2600Memori...tory_Index.html

Thanks.

Hi Fortress!

I hope it's OK if I use whatever information I can find on your site to help me with my chronological history of Atari 2600 games.

Sure, as long as we can reciprocate! Unfortunately our "release date" information on games isn't very complete and probably not very accurate at this time. In the mad rush to get the site online some things (such as the dates) didn't get much attention! As the years pass, it's going to become increasingly difficult to determine exactly when a game is released, so it's nice to see you actively seeking that information (as well as the games' Programmers).

I like how you've setup 1982 and 1983 on your site, especially the way you've put everything into context with other events of the time. Very nice!

..Al

Thanks.

If there's any information on my site that you can use, feel free to use it. Just know that the information is compiled and not original.

I try not to use a month/year date for a game unless I'm pretty sure that it's correct. I use personal experience/memories combined with information from catalogs, magazines, mailings, and web sites.

You still have to be careful. For example, on page 18 of the November/December 1982 issue of Atari Age Magazine, it says that Pac-Man for the 2600 was released in March of 1982. But most people who wanted to buy Pac-Man as soon as it came out know that it really wasn't available until April.

You have to be even more careful when dealing with web sites. Some take the date a programmer finished a game and call it the release date. There's a big time difference (sometimes years) between the date of completion and when the public gets their hands on it.

I'm trying to be as accurate as possible, but there still may be mistakes. That's why I hope more people who have correct month/year release dates would find our sites and share whatever information they have.

I'm done rambling now. Thanks again for having a great site and letting me use your site as a source.