IGNORED

Opcode 2019

opcode

Not sure why people are opting for an Omni version of Frogger when the Colecovision version is pretty much perfect. My only guess is that not everyone here is a Colecovision owner.

I voted for Frogger since I don’t think I have the actual arcade version; either on an arcade compilation disc or else digitally purchased. I may be wrong but I don’t know of a way to play the arcade version other than the cabinet itself or else in MAME. It may be an unlockable on some other game but I’m not sure. Pengo too is one that I don’t think is out there to buy even as a watered down port at least on the consoles I have.

Edited by rodge2001

I voted for Frogger since I don’t think I have the actual arcade version; either on an arcade compilation disc or else digitally purchased. I may be wrong but I don’t know of a way to play the arcade version other than the cabinet itself or else in MAME. It may be an unlockable on some other game but I’m not sure. Pengo too is one that I don’t think is out there to buy even as a watered down port at least on the consoles I have.

The only one I can think of, off the top of my head, is the one I have. Early Xbox 360 arcade releases, Frogger was one of them, though I *think* it was delisted at some point?

opcode,

How are things progressing with the OMNI controller?

Have you ever used the Neo Geo CD controller? The thumb disc is very nice, it has microswitches like a real arcade stick would have. I think something like this, or an intellivision control disc design would look elegant and would be an homage back to early consoles and arcades before Nintendo

Also what controller port do you plan on using for the OMNI?

post-29707-0-01545400-1548609728.jpg

Edited by panzeroceania

opcode,

How are things progressing with the OMNI controller?

Have you ever used the Neo Geo CD controller? The thumb disc is very nice, it has microswitches like a real arcade stick would have. I think something like this, or an intellivision control disc design would look elegant and would be an homage back to early consoles and arcades before Nintendo

Also what controller port do you plan on using for the OMNI?

Interesting timing. I should have something to report later today or sometime this week. But I can already say we will start actual design next week. Ted Mayer will be in charge of all tooling design, while the team in Brazil handles the SGM2 PCB. I will be coordinating everything, and of course taking care of most software stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Opcode

The excitement level of the OMNI and/or SGM 2 reveal goes full ignition for that.

I have a question regarding the dev kits for OMNI, when will the dev kits be releases?

Sorry, missed this post for some reason. I would say, around Jun~Aug.

Brazil is an interesting choice! I'm not sure of the Colecovision base there but Brazilian produced is awesome to get a foothold there if not.

We all know gaming there is strong and the Phoenix sd ability would go over well.

My picks would be Rally-X, Elevator Action, Galaga, and Ms. Pac-Man.

Pick any 4 you would like to see ported for SGM2/OMNI. In addition to regular mode, games get enhanced modes with improved graphics, sound and depending on the game, extra content.

- Moon Patrol

- Zaxxon

- Donkey Kong

- Donkey Kog Jr

- Pengo

- Ms Pac-man

- Galaga

- Rally-X

- Frogger

- Jungle King

- Elevator Action

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Opcode

When will we know pricing on devkits, and is it first come first serve?

No printing yet. That will depend on how many we produce. And it needs a special interface and extra memory, so it will definitively be more expensive than the final module.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

So what is in store for us in 2019:

1) We are about to ship Gunfright and Raid on Bungeling Bay as part of the Color line

Some of these Color Line games, you've said were improved in some ways over the MSX version. Do these have any improvements (Gunfright and Bungeling Bay)? Thanks.

Some of these Color Line games, you've said were improved in some ways over the MSX version. Do these have any improvements (Gunfright and Bungeling Bay)? Thanks.

Gunfright not much, as the code was already tightly optimized (although a squeezed a few extra cycles). But Bungeling Bay got many speed optimizations and even a couple of bugs fixed (factory explosion for example didn’t show properly in the original, outputting garbage on screen).

We got a couple more games after that, Sweet Acorn and Xyzolog, both Taito titles. Again the usual performance improvements and Xyzolog got a bug fix as well, just can’t remember what it was right now. Oh yeah, part of the code was never executed because of some faulty comparison. Fixed that and it should have an effect on difficulty. Funny that they never noticed that one.

• Like 1

Gunfright not much, as the code was already tightly optimized (although a squeezed a few extra cycles). But Bungeling Bay got many speed optimizations and even a couple of bugs fixed (factory explosion for example didnt show properly in the original, outputting garbage on screen).

We got a couple more games after that, Sweet Acorn and Xyzolog, both Taito titles. Again the usual performance improvements and Xyzolog got a bug fix as well, just cant remember what it was right now. Oh yeah, part of the code was never executed because of some faulty comparison. Fixed that and it should have an effect on difficulty. Funny that they never noticed that one.

Thanks!