IGNORED

Coming soon... Atari Sabre Wulf...

Bob The Bug

I finally started my game after doing the graphics a couple of years ago. :)

One of my old favourite Spectrum games...

I'd been wondering what happened to this game after reading about it in the pages of Excel a couple years back. I didn't know/forgot, this was actually you!

Hmmm,

when reading the headline, I thought this is mariuszw or XXL converting the game from ZX Spectrum or Fandal converting the game from the BBC, now I see it is RS doing the game. The gfx look good, still I wonder if porting the game could be easier and faster ?!? And I am also wondering that neither mariuszw nor XXL nor Fandal has not already ported the game, since they ported several "Ultimate play the game" programs*... or if one of them may already be working on the port ?!?

* e.g. ports like Alien 8 (Fandal), Knight Lore (XXL), Lunar Jetman (Fandal), Nightshade (XXL), Pentagram (mariuszw), Gunfright (mariuszw) have already been ported (or converted) to the A8...

@Bob: This is no thumb down from me, just a suggestion that it could be a good idea to contact mariuszw, XXL and Fandal and ask them, if one of them is already working on a port, so you can join and do not "waste your time" and find out later that someone else did release the game (conversion or port) faster than you did...?!?

• 3 years later...
7 hours ago, Mclaneinc said:

Last time I spoke to Bob, he had a few things going on in his personal life that was heavy duty, I seem to remember something about his business but I could be wrong. 

I hope things improved for him, lovely bloke..

Paul..

Oh man, I hope all is well with him.  I know the feeling, I was just laid off for the second time in 3 years…not fun.

Sorry to hear, there's far too much of that going around. I'm glad I'm out of the work place, the way people are being treated is so savage. My mate is a hospital administrator, he's just come back to work after damaging his collar bone and he's walked into the office where he's now the only person working, the other 3 admins either walked out or were sacked. So now he's expected to do all their work and run 4 wards, he can't wait for a few more years to retire. The bosses just say, either work or go, no temps or any help.

Pretty crappy out there but I hope your luck changes..

Paul..

PS, as for Bob, I try to keep in touch from time to time, he says he's ok but I think he's just playing it down (but I hope I'm wrong)

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mclaneinc said:

Sorry to hear, there's far too much of that going around. I'm glad I'm out of the work place, the way people are being treated is so savage. My mate is a hospital administrator, he's just come back to work after damaging his collar bone and he's walked into the office where he's now the only person working, the other 3 admins either walked out or were sacked. So now he's expected to do all their work and run 4 wards, he can't wait for a few more years to retire. The bosses just say, either work or go, no temps or any help.

Pretty crappy out there but I hope your luck changes..

Paul..

PS, as for Bob, I try to keep in touch from time to time, he says he's ok but I think he's just playing it down (but I hope I'm wrong)

Thanks!  I’m in tech so I’m sure I’ll get back in it but I’m getting older and it gets harder.  I’ll figure something out, I’m confident this one won’t be long…we’ll see!

It looks really good graphic-wise, but having never heard of it, I thought, what kind of game is it? Surely there's more to it than just wandering around in the jungle trying to find your way out. Then I saw the video for Sabre Wulf Remastered and I thought, here we go, now I can see what this game is all about. However, it seems to be the same sort of thing. Just wandering around in the jungle, trying to find your way out, I'm assuming, no action at all. It seems rather boring to me, assuming that really is all there is to the game. It does look really nice though, both the remastered version and the A8 version. Just not my cup of tea, assuming there isn't more meat there that I'm missing. Maybe there's some aspects of the game that aren't there yet, that will be added later. I really hope so, because it's a really nice looking demo/alpha version. Assuming an actual game can be added around the beautiful graphics, I'd love to give it a try.