IGNORED

FW Diagnostics - Official Ordering Thread

freewheel

After one heck of a crazy 2018...

In celebration of the 40th anniversary of the Intellivision game console, Freewheeling Games is proud to finally announce the release of FW Diagnostics, the first diagnostic cartridge intended for home use. This cart provides a complete checkup of the control, audio, and video components, and comes with tools to help adjust your Intellivision - and television - to run your games as they were always meant to be ran.

But I think George can explain better than I can:

This is a serial numbered release, limited to 125 copies in honour of the "Original 125". Copies come CIB with manual, 4(!) overlays, triangle screwdriver, spudger, Tune-Up Team membership card, and color calibration/tool instruction card (not shown in commercial).

Pricing varies by serial, of course (all pricing in US Dollars):

1 - $200 + shipping
2-10 - $100 + shipping (first 10 copies come with a bonus extra screwdriver and spudger!)
11-125 - $54.95 + shipping

Shipping is $12 to Canada, $15 to the US and international destinations. I can fit 2 copies in a box for the same shipping cost. Sorry, international orders do not include tracking (it's literally $42US for that option!).

For right now, I'm just taking serial number reservations. I won't be shipping games until early February (I need to visit Hawaii first), so I'll invoice people and set up PayPal ordering on my website at that point. I just wanted to give the AA crew first dibs on their favourite serial number :) First come, first served. I'll put together a list of what's been taken in a few days, once the usual suspects claim the usual numbers. Send me your emails via PM if you want me to invoice you and ship as soon as I get back! Oh, and #1 is on hold pending a discussion, but feel free to put your hat in the ring if you're interested. You never know :D

The commercial should explain what this is all about, but please ask any questions that come up. To be clear, this is NOT a chip-level diagnostic, in the sense that it will tell you which RAM chip is broken, etc. This is aimed at the average person. It's something that conceivably could have been sold in stores back in 1980. And it does more than MTE-201 - MUCH more, if you ask me. So just ask, if you're curious. There are a lot of tests and calibration routines packed into a few menus.

post-39446-0-60167100-1549675986_thumb.jpg

• Like 17

After one heck of a crazy 2018...

In celebration of the 40th anniversary of the Intellivision game console, Freewheeling Games is proud to finally announce the release of FW Diagnostics, the first diagnostic cartridge intended for home use. This cart provides a complete checkup of the control, audio, and video components, and comes with tools to help adjust your Intellivision - and television - to run your games as they were always meant to be ran.

But I think George can explain better than I can:

This is a serial numbered release, limited to 125 copies in honour of the "Original 125". Copies come CIB with manual, 4(!) overlays, triangle screwdriver, spudger, Tune-Up Team membership card, and color calibration/tool instruction card (not shown in commercial).

Pricing varies by serial, of course (all pricing in US Dollars):

1 - $200 + shipping

2-10 - $100 + shipping

11-125 - $54.95 + shipping

Shipping is $12 to Canada, $15 to the US and international destinations. I can fit 2 copies in a box for the same shipping cost. Sorry, international orders do not include tracking (it's literally $42US for that option!).

For right now, I'm just taking serial number reservations. I won't be shipping games until early February (I need to visit Hawaii first), so I'll invoice people and set up PayPal ordering on my website at that point. I just wanted to give the AA crew first dibs on their favourite serial number :) First come, first served. I'll put together a list of what's been taken in a few days, once the usual suspects claim the usual numbers. Send me your emails via PM if you want me to invoice you and ship as soon as I get back! Oh, and #1 is on hold pending a discussion, but feel free to put your hat in the ring if you're interested. You never know :D

The commercial should explain what this is all about, but please ask any questions that come up. To be clear, this is NOT a chip-level diagnostic, in the sense that it will tell you which RAM chip is broken, etc. This is aimed at the average person. It's something that conceivably could have been sold in stores back in 1980. And it does more than MTE-201 - MUCH more, if you ask me. So just ask, if you're curious. There are a lot of tests and calibration routines packed into a few menus.

If it can tell a Sears SVA from a INTV1, how does it deal with a Super Pro System? Shows up as INTV1, then, even though it may have a couple different chips?

Is the screwdriver the triangle one? I've been dragging my feet on one of those for years. At this point, I'm just buying this for the screwdriver.

It is, and it's the exact size (2.3mm). I spent a fair bit of time researching to ensure I got the perfect fit (you'll see many people claiming it's 2.1mm - that will work, but will eventually strip your screws).

• Like 3

If it can tell a Sears SVA from a INTV1, how does it deal with a Super Pro System? Shows up as INTV1, then, even though it may have a couple different chips?

As far as I know, Super Pros have the same chips. At least in any capacity that matters or is detectable. The PSG changed a few times over the years but I don't know that anyone's come up with a software method to determine those.

I could be wrong and missed an opportunity here. It definitely can tell a TutorPro, though ;)