IGNORED

List of "Naughty Titles" on Flashback ROMS

I was all set to give a portable to my 8 year old nephew, until I realized all the rated X-titles are on there. Can someone make a list of the offending titles? I know x-man, Custer, Beatemandeatem, and Cathouse. Are any others on there? It would take me forever to try and play 700 games looking for the X-titles. I don't want to give him something inappropriate.

Thanks

Well, I don't want to be the bad uncle that bought rated x-games to children. Granted most like Porkys are so abstract it doesn't matter, I just don't want to miss one that is blatantly obvious, because you know kids will find it. My sister had to hide the atari portable because her son was playing it all day, and that is only with the game it came with.

List of known 2600 "adult" titles

Bachelor Party

Bachelorette Party

Beat 'Em & Eat 'Em

Burning Desire

Cathouse Blues

Custer's Revenge

Flesh Gordon *

General Retreat

Gigolo

Halloween

Harem **

Jungle Fever

Knight On The Town

Lady In Wading

Philly Flasher

Porky's

Pick Up ***

The Entity ***

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (prototype) ****

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Westward Ho

X-Man

* announced title (maybe vaporware)

** unfinished prototype

*** Note: these are both unreleased Fox prototypes...possibly abandoned because they were considered too "adult" for general release

**** differs completely from the commercial version

• Thanks 1

As mentioned, most titles are so abstract that it's difficult to consider them "obscene"...and the ones based off R rated films don't really belong on the list at all (tho they were often sold behind the counter like the X rated ones - oddly, Alien wasn't). You could use any excuse to describe the gfx.

"The man is carrying a walking stick"

• Like 1

Don't forget Shower Scene 1 & 2 which were on a ROM package I downloaded from here. Thought I think both are pretty buggy and don't seem to have any sort of game play. They did, however, just about use the whole screen to get an image with resolution enough that makes it almost graphic.

Edited by tiktok4321

I was listing original era only. Including modern homebrews that involve nudity or sexual themes, there would also be:

21 Blue

"Flesh" Gordon (not the vaporware game)

Chronocolour demos (Sam Fox and Seka versions, IIRC)

Dunno if any of them would be sold with an "adults only" restriction, tho.

No gameplay in Shower Scene? As I recall, avoiding the ghost was kind of challenging.

• Like 1

But out of all those games you mention, how many are included with the Flashback in factory condition? I mean if you use a memory card or somehow hack it to add more games, you have yourself to blame for unwanted content, but if those adult games really are part of AtGames' original offering I understand the worries.

I was listing original era only. Including modern homebrews that involve nudity or sexual themes, there would also be:

21 Blue

"Flesh" Gordon (not the vaporware game)

Chronocolour demos (Sam Fox and Seka versions, IIRC)

Dunno if any of them would be sold with an "adults only" restriction, tho.

No gameplay in Shower Scene? As I recall, avoiding the ghost was kind of challenging.

Fair. New to the scene, so I don't know the differences yet. It was included with the the other listed titles on the zip I downloaded from here.

As for gameplay, maybe on the Portable just isn't working right, or I'm doing something wrong. That's not unheard of.

But out of all those games you mention, how many are included with the Flashback in factory condition? I mean if you use a memory card or somehow hack it to add more games, you have yourself to blame for unwanted content, but if those adult games really are part of AtGames' original offering I understand the worries.

Like Nukey Shay said, the commercial Flashback releases are clean. The OP was referring a ROM package he downloaded.

So Reklen has prepared a SD card with 700 Atari 2600 games to be included with a Flashback Portable, and then gets worried there may be inappropriate games among those? Oh well, the list above should be satisfactory in order to remove the 20-25 offending titles. I just wanted it clarified that it was not a factory default setting.

So Reklen has prepared a SD card with 700 Atari 2600 games to be included with a Flashback Portable, and then gets worried there may be inappropriate games among those? Oh well, the list above should be satisfactory in order to remove the 20-25 offending titles. I just wanted it clarified that it was not a factory default setting.

Yup. Understandable for the concern. I wouldn't know there was naughty content unless I came across one accidentally. Easy enough to delete from the SD card if you know which ones, prior to passing to the kid folks.

The middle picture is one I would like to see in real life, without Photoshop or some supporting furniture, how she manages to stay in mid air just attached to ... well. In particular if she doesn't wrap her legs around him in any way.

Edited by carlsson