• Stella A Trois by Flush
    • Three Minus by altair

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

2018 Atari Awards

Celebrating the best in Atari 2600 Homebrew

BEST DEMO

Best Demo:

Selection should be based on the quality of the demo as a whole. Any demo completed during the year. Minimal input, such as choosing a menu option to move on to the next part of the demo, will be allowed. Demos completed in a previous year are not eligible. Re-releases or updates to a previous version of the demo are ineligible. Hacks are not eligible for this category and are only eligible in their specific category.

Voting:

Please select one of the choices for this category. The winner and runners up will be revealed LIVE during the 2018 Atari Awards Presentation Ceremony on ZeroPage Homebrew's Twitch channel on February 23rd, 2019 at 12PM PT | 3PM ET | 8PM GMT!

Nominees:

AcidRain by Jeremiah and Kno1

Alpha Cucks by Dentifrice

Compofiller by g0blinish

Dengue Fever by Digital Sounds System & Flush

Hard 2632 by Imp & SvOlli

Lapin Kulta by Dentifrice

M by Flush

Mushroom Adventure by Satori

Stella A Trois by Flush

Three Minus by altair

Download (Binaries/Instructions/Packaging): https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AG3wc7MKI7gPQis&id=EBF48A1964E7EEB5%21528&cid=EBF48A1964E7EEB5

post-37205-0-39974400-1548284681_thumb.jpg

Edited by cimmerian

I love demos and how much they push the systems to their limits with creative graphical and audio innovations! It reminds me of when I would watch C64 cracktros in the 80s that were usually more interesting than the games themselves, hahah.

Tough choice! IMO the most competitive award besides WIP.

• Like 1

Just a stupid question. Lack of Atari 8bit computer demos is by design in the nominee list (it looks its VCS/2600 only)? Or because lack of good productions for 8-bit computers this year? If the latter - I would argue a bit... :)

EDIT: never mind, just read small letters :) 2600 Homebrew. So perfectly fine with me, crawling back to my cave :P

Edited by tomaswoj
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just a stupid question. Lack of Atari 8bit computer demos is by design in the nominee list (it looks its VCS/2600 only)? Or because lack of good productions for 8-bit computers this year? If the latter - I would argue a bit... :)

EDIT: never mind, just read small letters :) 2600 Homebrew. So perfectly fine with me, crawling back to my cave :P

First year trials..... bigger and better next year!! ;) ;)

THE POLLS ARE CLOSED!!!

Thank you so much to everyone in the AtariAge community for participating in the 2018 Atari Awards! The final voting totals have been recorded as of 12:00:00AM PT February 19, 2019.

See everyone this Saturday, February 23, 2019, at 12PM PT | 3PM ET | 8PM GMT for the LIVE award presentations on ZeroPage Homebrew's Twitch channel!

ZeroPage Homebrew Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/zeropagehomebrew/

Note: Although it appears you are still able to vote, due to polling software in place, no more votes past the cutoff date will be counted.