IGNORED

Another unreleased CV game found and preserved!

retroillucid

I would simply amend that while we're saying "BSR" in reality it was Keith Robinson who controlled all of that. At this point, we don't know who got what he had. I suppose it might have been Tommy along with the Intellivision IP. If it were, probably won't see any of that unreleased stuff as he's trying to launch a console and I'm sure doesn't want to be a pirate!

To me, that's a problem

Why not sharing it with the ColecoVision Community then?

See, that's EXACTLY why we're ALWAYS sharing prototypes with the community

All fans should be able to enjoy those

You're not sharing a whole lot right now in this thread, I should point out... :ponder:

Challenger is a nice and quirky release, but this thread is about something else, right?

No copies of colecovision masters of the universe has been shared, as far as I know. The prototype cartridge has been loaned to the national video game museum. A video of some gameplay would be nice.

My understanding is that all the video game ip that intellivision productions had has been transferred to intellivision entertainment. Not sure if that includes cv motu, where the code belonged to intellivision productions and the trademarks, graphics, music belongs to mattel.

If you guys want to share copyrighted materials, that's fine because you don't have much money to collect damages for; risk is low. But someone running a business might want to minimise their exposure to risk, especially when they're paying lawyers advising them.

By the way, the guy that programmed cv motu in 1983 is a founding partner of intellivision productions, now renamed blue sky rangers inc.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/181938-masters-of-the-universe-the-power-of-he-man/

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1

I guess I am in the dark about copywrite law but it seems that they had no problem releasing and making money on other licenses that they "don't own"

I send a challenge to anyone of you to take the intellivision version, study and release your own version into the public domain.

If it was done once then it can be done again and no one is coming after you unless you try to make money off it.

All I see is game playing some 30 years later.

It's theirs and they don't want to release it...just make your own.

Edited by Mike Harris

Sharing something on the internet does not make it public domain. If you don't have permission from the rights owner to share it, then it's simply an illegal copy. Only the copyright owner can make something public domain or when the copyright time period naturally expires. The intellivision version of motu has already been shared on the internet and it's easy to find. That does not make it public domain.

The only games I can think of that intellivision productions released that they didn't own was on the intellivision rocks cd. In that case they negotiated the rights from activision.

Edited by mr_me

OK, then take down every version of Donkey Kong and Smurf you get your hands on.

We must be consistent on roms from 30 years ago.

I think all of this has already been settled but I welcome the discussion,

Do you jaywalk, drive over the speed limit? I wouldn't worry about it too much.

You're not sharing a whole lot right now in this thread, I should point out... :ponder:

Challenger is a nice and quirky release, but this thread is about something else, right?

We've already released SOS Caterpillar, Pink Panther

We'll NEVER hold a prototype/unreleased game just for us

There's a reason why I'm not talking much about the latest unreleased game we've discovered

Doesn't mean we're not going to release that rom file for everyone to enjoy

Challenger was made from scratch, so it's a homebrew of a vapoware, tottally different case.

An yes, this thread is not supposed to be what is have become now.... oh well...

• Like 3

Given the clue retroillucid provided, the extra time he's taking to unveil it, and the fact that it's a full game and not just a prototype, I think the unreleased game is one of these:

- 005 by Coleco

- The Berenstain Bears (for Kid-Vid Voice) by Coleco

- Dino Eggs by Micro Fun

- Ice Palace by Xonox

- Ms. Pac-Man by Atarisoft

- Rip Cord by Coleco

I'm looking forward to discovering what this mystery game is. :)

• Like 2

From your list, Luc, here's hoping it is Dino Eggs... but I don't think it is.

Highly doubt it's Berenstain Bears as the CV KidVid adapter was never completed, just an empty shell as pictured in one of the Coleco kits distributed at CES.

Rip Cord makes sense, but I hope it isn't the gane cause we got a much better version from Russ Kumro than Coleco would have provided.

Ice Palace by Xonox.... PLEASE NO!!!

Ms. Pac-Man... see above only cause we already have the best version possibke thanks to Opcode.

005... hmmm, could be on to something.

• Like 2

From your list, Luc, here's hoping it is Dino Eggs... but I don't think it is.

Highly doubt it's Berenstain Bears as the CV KidVid adapter was never completed, just an empty shell as pictured in one of the Coleco kits distributed at CES.

Rip Cord makes sense, but I hope it isn't the gane cause we got a much better version from Russ Kumro than Coleco would have provided.

Ice Palace by Xonox.... PLEASE NO!!!

Ms. Pac-Man... see above only cause we already have the best version possibke thanks to Opcode.

005... hmmm, could be on to something.

I suspect there is some reason for the suspense because no matter what, there is no confirm or deny of anything we say here.

What's the hold up. Shove it in an ADAM, dump the rom and be done with it.

That said, as I mentioned earlier my friend swore he witnessed Dino Eggs running in a Colecovision at some tech trade show circa 1983 in New Jersey.

Regardless of what this cartridge is, there is a version of Dino Eggs out there unless he was lying for some reason or it was a mock up attached to an Apple or some deal.

Edited by Mike Harris

I suspect there is some reason for the suspense because no matter what, there is no confirm or deny of anything we say here.

What's the hold up. Shove it in an ADAM, dump the rom and be done with it.

Toby asked me to wait till he's ready to ship the game

We're currently in the process of manufacturing it for the release, so we can recoup some money (This is the most expensive (we've paid for) prototype I'm aware of)

The rom has already been dumped, the eprom ''window'' is also covered

The game is fully completed and is working just fine.

Edited by retroillucid
  • Like 4

Given the clue retroillucid provided, the extra time he's taking to unveil it, and the fact that it's a full game and not just a prototype, I think the unreleased game is one of these:

- 005 by Coleco

- The Berenstain Bears (for Kid-Vid Voice) by Coleco

- Dino Eggs by Micro Fun

- Ice Palace by Xonox

- Ms. Pac-Man by Atarisoft

- Rip Cord by Coleco

I'm looking forward to discovering what this mystery game is. :)

Out of that list I'm hoping it is 005. If it's not 005, I would love for 005 to be made.

Toby asked me to wait till he's ready to ship the game

We're currently in the process of manufacturing it for the release, so we can recoup some money (This is the most expensive (we've paid for) prototype I'm aware of)

The rom has already been dumped, the eprom ''window'' is also covered

The game is fully completed and is working just fine.

That makes sense.

Since I bought that never used ADAM for 1k then was severely burned when all the caps blew on test, I am hesitant for making any new major purchases.

In the day of Ebay and old systems...I refuse to buy anything anymore due to scams so more power to you.

But going back to a positive confirmation just talking to my friend last night from way back when. I would bet my money on Dino Eggs.

And if you don't have it then at least one is out there in someones attic.

Edited by Mike Harris