IGNORED

Dragon's Lair is sold out!

Tursi

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, Mehridian Sanders said:

No worries I think I got into the TI community after the time had passed :)

Yeah, unfortunately the open time was quite short. Combined with thinking I was only going to build 100 (that went up at the end), there aren't as many out there as there might have been. Still more than I expected. ;)

• Like 3

Likely true of most of the 155 items out there. Retro software is so rewarding... you get people angry about not getting one, and everyone else bored that they did. ;)

(I'm teasing, I know people were happy to see it and I do NOT mind people reselling.)

• Like 4

Sorry gentle folks, this thread has went on to long for me not to hijack it! ?

I have learned the hardware in hobbyist community, if you see something you want, best jump!

I lost out on getting a gramulator, cause I had a gram kracker!

I lost out on getting a f18a - cause, I was on the fence and figured, I could always pick up one later, worse case, I'd have to wait a couple of months until another batch was put together.

I'm working on a Z88 - membrane keyboard is known to die. A group put together an order for 50 new keyboard membranes, I think I got the 2nd to last...

So if you see something you want jump! ? You can let your wife know I said so! ?

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, InfiniteTape said:

This one’s not my copy, but someone’s got theirs on display at Louisville Arcade Expo this weekend.

52C3D49B-4CF9-486F-83F2-92B61C7B20EB.jpeg

2 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

Gotta admire the pre-emptive solution to the cartridge growing legs :)

Definitely. I'd be looking for a way to secure mine also if it were on display.

Hehe, actually, the zip ties are not a bad solution at all. ;)

I was planning to show it this weekend in Pasadena, but that meet got cancelled due to maybe-rain. (Apparently it was partially outdoors! I guess you can usually get away with that around here...)

2 hours ago, arcadeshopper said:

I put one in a demo cart I can chain to the table

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

I've never chained or secured an item at Midwest Gaming Classic.

Never had an item walk off (yet) in 15 years. That includes Pitfall, Dragon's Lair, etc.

Except for the kid that grabbed a 3.5 floppy and pronounced "I HAVE TO GO SHOW MY DAD!"

• Like 4

On 3/7/2020 at 1:26 PM, Tursi said:

Though it looks like it's in joystick mode with no joystick attached? No wonder the score is at 0. Go hit QUIT and restart that thing in keyboard mode. ;)

There were a number of times that people had turned it off and back on and switched to joystick mode.

On 3/7/2020 at 1:35 PM, FarmerPotato said:

I've never chained or secured an item at Midwest Gaming Classic.

Never had an item walk off (yet) in 15 years. That includes Pitfall, Dragon's Lair, etc.

Except for the kid that grabbed a 3.5 floppy and pronounced "I HAVE TO GO SHOW MY DAD!"

Somebody clipped the zip ties on three NES consoles and walked off with some games this year.

Edited by thexder
  • Sad 1