IGNORED

Dragon's Lair is sold out!

Tursi

• 2 months later...
Just now, acadiel said:

I love these new prompts in between long gaps between replies.  Reminds me of this… 🤣

EE28DA4F-E22A-4A53-86FD-D0DDC6C23C34.jpeg

I never watched Sponge Bob, but I am familiar enough with the meme that I read those interlude markers with that exact affectation.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
7 hours ago, Aleno said:

Looks like I was really late to the party on this one - any information on when more may be available or someone looking to sell one?

Likely never for new ones. The licensing terms have changed and it is well out of the reach of hobbyist work.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Tursi said:

Likely never for new ones. The licensing terms have changed and it is well out of the reach of hobbyist work.

Yeah, it's really unfortunate, but like you said, the new terms are just not realistic for a project of this nature, unless you want to sell new copies for $200 each.

..Al

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Albert said:

Yeah, it's really unfortunate, but like you said, the new terms are just not realistic for a project of this nature, unless you want to sell new copies for $200 each.

Wow.  You would think companies would look at licensing terms and say, you know, this is a hobbyist project with a limited but not insignificant reach, maybe we can come to some commensurate terms as these guys ain't going to be dominating an industry on our IP.

Tursi's batch was 155 units.  People are still interested and I would think to at least meet that; not just for TI users, but also people who want to collect Dragon's Lair memorabilia.  At this point in time, no one who lacks this cartridge can say they have a complete DL collection :)  I could see collectors paying $200 a pop, but not average schmucks like me.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of, several people at VCF this year asked about availability.  I gave them the sad tale, but said that some people might be willing to part with theirs for the right sacrifice :)  Of course, several people had to just rub in my face they got to meet or talk to Don Bluth at Momocon :D  I did direct them to this thread, for better or worse, for more information and details on the game, its development, and the situation over-all.

The YouTube videos of Dragon's Lair showing every possible move and result brought me right back to 7-11. I remembered all the mistakes I made over and over. My favorite fail was when the knight turned into a skeleton. I can't remember which fail it was but it was funny. 

4 hours ago, 99V said:

The YouTube videos of Dragon's Lair showing every possible move and result brought me right back to 7-11. I remembered all the mistakes I made over and over. My favorite fail was when the knight turned into a skeleton. I can't remember which fail it was but it was funny. 

That happens at game over, there's actually a skeleton disintegrate scene for each scene in the game ;)

On 8/1/2023 at 1:53 PM, OLD CS1 said:

Speaking of, several people at VCF this year asked about availability.  I gave them the sad tale, but said that some people might be willing to part with theirs for the right sacrifice :)  Of course, several people had to just rub in my face they got to meet or talk to Don Bluth at Momocon :D  I did direct them to this thread, for better or worse, for more information and details on the game, its development, and the situation over-all.

Ooh.... will he be there again next year?  If so, I'm dragging my cart there.

• 7 months later...