Jump to content

atari2600land's Blog - Adding rooms


Recommended Posts

This morning, I took a look at Castle of Doom for the Atari 2600. I found a few bugs. I think I fixed them. I'm going to add more rooms to the game. I was trying to think of a way to do that. Then it dawned on me, why not just increase the size to 16k? Then I can fit more rooms in it. So that's what I'm doing. Since I want some of the game to be new, I'm not going to share the rooms. Another reason not to share is that I programmed in the ending back when I thought I was done with it.

So how many rooms will the game have? I'm not sure, but now with more room, there will definitely be over 50. The maximum amount I think I can have is 63. So that's what I'll shoot for. And with this, back comes the challenge for me as well to design the levels. I designed and added room #48 when I was done with the bug testing. One bug I found was that the tries counter went back to 0 after 99 instead of going to 100. Not good. When that one was solved, another popped up. To solve this one, I had to reset the p variable to 0.

I made Bob's shirt yellow. I had to change his walk since there was a pixel below to his pants that would be his hand and it would be blue. I think he looks a lot better now. I was looking at my micro USB card and thinking how amazing it is that it can hold 16GB worth of stuff. Just a few computers ago, I remember being impressed that the computer can hold 1 GB. Now 16 of them can fit on a tiny, easy to lose chip!

Attached thumbnail(s)
  • blogentry-9475-0-18883500-1549482413_thu

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...