IGNORED

HSC16 Round 2: Lode Runner

:thumbsup:

Your level disk has 50 levels on it! :thumbsup: Do you know if levels 2-50 are from the/a normal game or someone else's homebrews? (looking at levels 2 and 3 they look like homebrews)

Completed you level and carlsson's 4, RT's is not possible as the you can't get the guy on the right who has a jewel!

I did find a disk with a paltry 3 levels on that I guess I must have created :ponder:

attachicon.gifTRBB Lode Runner Levels.ATR

[edit] after a few goes and seeing how fiendish the first level is I guess they are mine!! Failed to beat it 9,850 and on the score board I have 9,975 level 2 registered from the past!

Go 2...

level 2 was good but level 3 a bit on the easy side 23,150 :)

I'm thinking Lemmings is not a million miles away from Lode Runner, they sort of follow you and do stuff :)

That .ATR was part of an enormous pack of files, so I'm guessing it's someone else's set of homebrew games. If anyone wants to play them and report on if they recognize any of the levels, that would solve that mystery, but to my knowledge, they are just a pack of homebrews. Now I feel bad for overwriting someone's work. ;)

• Like 2

L49

Great score and progress through the levels, so you and deteacher are both on Lv49 I'm guessing that must be a toughie :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I had another session but blew through loads of men carelessly then had a blow out on level 19, only just made it to lv20: 171,500 :twisted:

Nearly out on level 17 today, scraped through untill level 26 which was my nemesis before, after deciding this was impossible I then figured it out and made it to level 29 - 254,550 :)

Looks like some interesting levels later on. I never twigged about the screen grid size, this makes it a bit different.

post-19705-0-61593200-1550667597.jpgpost-19705-0-38787600-1550667613.jpgpost-19705-0-12318600-1550667620.jpg

There is a (3rd party?) Lode Runner Utility Disk which has it's own screen editor and other useful I/O functions for moving screens etc.

• Like 1

Had some free time to continue. Currently on level 21, with 23 men left, score of 115,100. Catch you later, folks!

Looking good :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Please VOTE EVERYONE - remember the runner up game(s) will be polled again so even of your favourite is not going tto win it may get another chance ;) This round ends Sunday 10PM UK time (5PM EST) :)