IGNORED

NES High Score Club Round 7 - Snake Rattle n Roll

asponge

The game for this round is Snake Rattle n Roll. The object of each level is to increase your snake's tail by eating various colored balls called Nibbley Pibbleys. When the tail is long enough, it will begin to flash. Move your snake onto the scale to ring the bell and open a door to the next level.

Check out the manual for more details and scoring information.

post-27362-0-40296600-1549813852.jpg post-27362-0-64602700-1549813857.png

Game Rules:
No Continues

Score Post Deadline: Sunday February 24 at 11:59 PM CST.

Scores so far:

mbd30 365,750

asponge 290,350

empsolo 72,200

roadrunner 42,300

mr_intv 35,300

jblenkle 28,000

Season Standings:
35 mbd30

31 asponge

28 S.BAZ

17 empsolo

15 jblenkle

12 roadrunner

7 mr_intv

6 Mister-VCS

5 bubufubu

1 agb

General HSC Season Rules:

• The season is 15 rounds long.
  • Games will be posted on Sundays and run two weeks through Sunday at 11:59 PM CST.
  • A picture or screenshot is encouraged when posting a score but not required.
  • No emulator save states, slow-mo, rewind, etc.
  • No cheats, e.g. Konami code, Game Genie, etc.
  • Turbo controllers are allowed.
  • No point pressing.
  • Round points are awarded according to the number of participants. Every player earns 1 participation point plus 1 point for every player they outscore. For example, if there are 8 players, the player with the highest score earns 8 points, second 7 points, third 6 points, etc. down to the last player who earns 1 point.
Edited by asponge
  • Like 1

Okay, the first three stages are fairly easy with some practice. I need to get better at stage 4.

I had to watch a youtube video to figure out stage 4. The last couple of times I played I kept running out of time trying to find a path to the scale. I ultimately got near the end of stage five, but couldn't get past this weird disappearing flying carpet.

I reached stage 5 on my last life a couple times and then finally reached it with a decent number of lives.

A neat trick for stage 4 is that you can open the door by having an anvil land on the scale. But you'll still want to eat as many balls as you can for points.

Edited by mbd30

I made to stage six with zero lives and beefed it on the second jump. :thumbsdown:

Stage 6 is tough. I got a little ways in it, but not much.

I love the graphics and music in this game, and the sheer inventiveness. The pseudo-3D effect is top notch for the NES. It's just balls hard.