IGNORED

Feb 13 - Nintendo Direct, a lot more than was expected

Tanooki

Title really does say it all. People went in thinking a lot less was likely and it was an over 30min blow out with surprise after surprise other than the known of Fire Emblem updates.

People went into this with the media either doing the hype garbage and people being skeptical, or you had the others being reasonable and underplaying it as a big FE update with a sprinkling of surprises and knowns with dates.

Coming out of that, damn I'm impressed. They really were quite DIRECT with that direct. I can't recall the last time one of those got me to crack a smile, but it was only after a cruel tease. I hear Dragon Quest, then get builders 2 :( ...and then a pause and bam DQ11S! I had to scroll that back, rewatch it twice, and snap a couple pics on my iphone. I've put up with a lot of me getting fed up with no english annoucement, watching increasing price drops on Steam and getting pissed/depressed. Fall? Fine, I can wait. That'll be the fall/christmas game I put some good time into. Thank you Enix, also nice touch on the language choices for those people who have to have squeeky Japanese voices and subtitling.

That aside wow also on Zelda, the art, a bit strange but I don't hate it, found it quite light and nice, though I would have been more impressed had they retained the LTTP/LA original style of it but with depth. Who cares, I don't. THough I do wonder did they add anything or is this a very long awaited revival of the original in full 3D and color? If that's all they did I'd still be super stoked, and to think the last SNES/GB era Official Player's Guide I held out so long for I just got a month or two back was to THIS GAME! Nice timing :D

That aside that Tetris game is awesome and free if you cough up that $20 a year, hell of a HUGE incentive, unless you hate Tetris. I may even try that despite my dislike of multiplayer as I'm no Tetris slouch.

The Oninaki game intrigues me too, loved the other two efforts by that team (Setsuna, Sphear) so I hope isn't the down turn but something great. The bones are there, but it looks almost like it could get overly convoluted with all the spirits and their abilities it they take it too far into some almost annoying level of pokemon-ization of it. Daemon with a demo and a date? Thanks! And Astral Chain, not sure what to think but that studio rarely breeds a mediocre or worse game so now I'm interested in that too.

Staggering of interesting titles to me alone would fill much of the year to crack them wide open plus still work what I have too so very happy and makes me wonder about the next probably around E3 time. Seems to me all the stock holder baby antics and other whining online was pretty well not justified given everything shown well beyond my picks.

Most of it held no interest to me personally, but I was very happy to see the Link's Awakening remake. Also happy to see Super Mario Maker 2 on the way.

Slightly disappointed not to see Metroid Prime Trilogy HD be announced. Hopefully there's some truth to all the rumors about that one, even though today would've made sense to announce it in the wake of the recently announced delay to Metroid Prime 4.

Edited by Atariboy

• 2 weeks later...

I was really excited to see the new Fire Emblem game. I was not to excited to see how Harry Potter Japanese High School it looked to be. I’m not to surprised knowing that’s how a lot of game plots are in Japan. The high school part anyway. I am very excited to see that my favorite Zelda game is getting remade. Next to Wind Waker I couldn’t be more excited to see this Zelda game get released on the Switch. The art style looks really good to me.