IGNORED

Wii Balance Board Games

boxpressed

So the Wii Balance Board may be the least used controller of all my modern-ish consoles. But my kid is really liking some of the minigames from Wii Fit Plus. I also have We Ski and We Ski & Snowboard, but are there any other Wii Balance Board games worth getting (not interested in the exercise-type titles)?

Here's a good start:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_that_support_Wii_Balance_Board

I use mine to bring my virtual boy up a bit on my desktop, so i'll never get rid of it. :D

Punch Out! might be a good one to try, and Tiger Woods Masters 12' is a solid game if you like realistic golf games.

Edited by travistouchdown

I was literally about to post this EXACT topic. I'm going to try to get the balance board games. For anyone who's collecting Wii... how are you finding these games, in terms of supply, price, and condition? Unlike OP, I *AM* interested in exercise games. #ilikecheeseburgers

Thanks to all for the suggestions. I tried one winter sports game where you sit in the board and pretend you're sledding. Not great but amusing nonetheless.

One thing I learned from the Wii Fit program is that I did not distribute my weight equally on both feet. I put about 2/3 of my weight on my right foot. Can lead to back problems. Now I actively try to be more balanced.

• 3 months later...

Hey guys; revisiting this thread to see if anyone could suggest some good TWO player balance board games.

I scored a second board for free recently (they are out there in extreme abundance on the cheap) and wanted to start playing some games with my young daughter.

Let me know if you have any games you have played which support two player simultaneous!

EDIT:

The way the Balance board works, is that it emulates wiimotes, and uses 2 of the four channels for wiimotes. (I believe it's hardcoded to use channels 3 and 4, so that would make using 2 balance boards impossible)

So technically, the wii does have the capability to listen two balance boards, but none of the software supports it, so having more than one is superfluous.

Bummer; but somewhat expected it.

Ordered four balance board games today to make use of my much neglected peripheral.

-Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party

-Super Monkey Ball: Step & Roll

-Shawn White Snowboarding: Road Trip

-We Ski & Snowboard

What other good balance board titles have you played or would you reccomend?

Apparently there is a really good Japan only survival horror game that uses the balance board...pity it never made it to the US.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Champion Jockey for the Wii, just got this the other day, never heard of it as it seems to combine G1 Jockey and Gallop Racer, but the title uses the board extensively for riding the horses.

Since I have never heard of it I had to pick it up..

I have not had a chance to use the board with it but I tried the classic controller and was confused, but did not read the manual yet.