IGNORED

Who's going to CGE?

punkoffgirl

That must explain why AGE will not accept a very generous gold level $500 sponsorship by CGE and Digital Press. Nor will they explain the sponsorship criteria, or denial reasons in any written form.

Somehow indoor race tracks are acceptable sponsors but not other classic game community members.

I'm setting my stopwatch to see how long it takes you to delete my post Albert.......GO! 1001....1002....1003....1004...

Jerry

Jerry,

Unfortunately I think you are only getting a one sided perspective of many situations. If you ever want to discuss things further and get our perspective directly I would be happy to discuss things with you privately.

I would like to makes some clarifications to your statements and expound a bit.

1) Neither the amount of $500 nor a Gold Membership was ever specifically requested, just the desire for sponsorship. This doesn't change anything but I think it's important to accurately report all events.

2) We were never made aware that it was to be sponsorship by CGE until after they were declined. We were approached by Digital Press, and there was never any mention of CGE.

3) Our sponsorship criteria is a private decision that is ours to make. It was made very clear in a personal phone call why they were being declined. We felt a personal call was more considerate than an email given the sometimes sensitive relationships involved. We also did not see the need to make it a public matter that they were declined sponsorship.

5) We are not obligated to provide a written statement of declination to anyone. I repeatedly offered to speak personally to any persons involved who might have questions, and explained why I did not think a written statement would be beneficial.

I made a considerable effort to handle the situation with as much tact as possible, and I did tell Joe that next year was a possibility.

If you would like any further details I would be happy to discuss it with privately.

Thanks for the prompt professional reply without censorship Alex.

While I do not speak for nor am I associated with CGE or DP in any official capacity, sponsorship was my idea to and I backed it up with my own personal funds. I can prove that via Paypal to DP directly.

By your own admission above, sponsorship by DP was rejected before you had any idea CGE was also involved, the question is why? Considering the type of event and kindness extended by DP in posts and promotion I'm dumbfounded that sponsorship was denied to them. What is truly going on with AGE here? I'm not making this stuff up Alex. I personally (ok...via email) jammed up Joe when he could not produce any reasons in writing to me for the decision.

Let me finally point out that I did not start this thread and kept quite until a very derogatory post to CGE was allowed to remain. A moderator had posted afterwards so I know it was read. The other night a post of mine was yanked in a few nano seconds by Albert and I could no longer maintain my silence. I'm happy to play by your rules as it's your board (an excellent one BTW) but I expected a more even handed approach.

I'm happy to take it offline and hopefully it can be resolved there.

Thanks Alex,

Jerry

Thanks for the prompt professional reply without censorship Alex.  

While I do not speak for nor am I associated with CGE or DP in any official capacity, sponsorship was my idea to and I backed it up with my own personal funds. I can prove that via Paypal to DP directly.

By your own admission above, sponsorship by DP was rejected before you had any idea CGE was also involved, the question is why? Considering the type of event and kindness extended by DP in posts and promotion I'm dumbfounded that sponsorship was denied to them. What is truly going on with AGE here? I'm not making this stuff up Alex. I personally (ok...via email) jammed up Joe when he could not produce any reasons in writing to me for the decision.  

Let me finally point out that I did not start this thread and kept quite until a very derogatory post to CGE was allowed to remain. A moderator had posted afterwards so I know it was read. The other night a post of mine was yanked in a few nano seconds by Albert and I could no longer maintain my silence. I'm happy to play by your rules as it's your board (an excellent one BTW) but I expected a more even handed approach.  

I'm happy to take it offline and hopefully it can be resolved there.  

Thanks Alex,

Jerry

I don't know exactly whose funds were involved or whose idea it was, and that was never an issue. Threre is no need to prove that aspect.

As I stated above, the reasons were made clear to Joe. Again, I don't see the need to make a public issue of it, and I'll be happy to talk to you about it personally if Joe is uncomfortable doing so. I am not accusing you of making anything up.

I assume the "derogatory post" you refer to is that by NE146. You'll have to ask him, but I'm pretty sure that was a joke. Your post from another thread was removed because it was felt that it was intended to be only inflammatory and involves a long history between you and Curt. We also deleted Curt's post, and we would prefer not to see such postings from any parties. I do not see any resolution between the two of you coming from such posts, and I think affecting both posts in the same manner is the essence of even-handedness.

I assume the "derogatory post" you refer to is that by NE146. You'll have to ask him, but I'm pretty sure that was a joke.

I'm pretty sure it was too. While I can't mod this section, I had my finger on the e-mail button to report that post to the Al's when I noticed the 8) at the end. I thought that meant he was kidding, so I didn't give it another thought.

Tempest

Back on topic - I plan on attending CGE this year. I also extend best wishes to those putting on AGE and I would very much like to attend it next year (how about move it to Vancouver next year? your dollar will sure go farther).

On a side issue, I would like to comment that open discussion of all topics is, in my view, better for any community than censorship.

If it were moved to Vancouver (beautiful city) it couldn't be called "AGE" could it? :)

Possible choices might be:

Albany New York (my vote for family reasons)

Atlanta Georgia

Anchorage Alaska

Anaheim California

Considering the above I might just stick with Austin. Where else can you find a Hawaiian/Texas BBQ joint called the "Hula Hut".

Jerry

Considering the above I might just stick with Austin. Where else can you find a Hawaiian/Texas BBQ joint called the "Hula Hut".

Jerry

Heh, that is quite an interesting restaurant. Where else can you feed the fish below you through the planks with the remainder of your coconut shrimp? :D

What would a tally of this nature prove exactly?

That there are a LOT of people heavily anticipating BOTH shows :D

I won't be attending either show because of financial reasons, but both shows will do very well.

It's great that there are so many shows now that revolve around classic gaming.

Jerry

Heh, that is quite an interesting restaurant. Where else can you feed the fish below you through the planks with the remainder of your coconut shrimp? :D

Exactly.

The Mai Tai is so tasty - just a heads up. I've never been to Vegas, although I am sure it's great and all, but Austin does have a lot of kick ass places for fun. :D

As for me, I live 6 minutes from the hotel, so going to the AGE is pretty much a no-brainer. Also, after meeting and talking to Albert for 2 hours the other day, I am really looking forward to the AGE.

On the other hand, the fact that there is a differentiation of speakers and vendors at the two shows, coupled with the fact that I have never been to Vegas, almost assures that I will spend WAY too much money over the next 2 months by attending both shows. :|

Peace -

Steve

All you CGE bastards will soon learn how AGE will KICK IT'S ASS  :x  Which side are you on?

That must explain why AGE will not accept a very generous gold level $500 sponsorship by CGE and Digital Press. Nor will they explain the sponsorship criteria, or denial reasons in any written form.

Somehow indoor race tracks are acceptable sponsors but not other classic game community members.

I'm setting my stopwatch to see how long it takes you to delete my post Albert.......GO! 1001....1002....1003....1004...

Jerry

:lol: :lol:

You fruitcake.. :lol: My post from earlier WAS a joke. I don't even know what AGE is! And I've never been nor plan on going to any CGE. I just like to bullshit :D

I'll be at both. :)

I'll have a new demo of the 2600 RPG, plus my latest Commodore 64 synthesizer cartridge and my dot matrix printer synthesizer v3.0.

And I *finally* got good boards for my bad Hozer Video Marble Craze carts from CGE last year, so I'll be selling off the last six or so copies of Marble Craze in the collector's tin.

-paul

Paul, you gonna have any copies of Synthcart on ya?  If not, I'm going to order one from AA anyway, but if you did, it'd be a nice bit of one-stop shopping for me.   :D

Not sure. I don't have any spares right now and I've already got a lot of junk to bring on the plane. But I might pick up a couple at AGE.

-Paul

We're all very wealthy down here :roll:

*ignore* Maybe those of you that don't understand should get the facts before you open your mouths. No one is going to post it in a public forum because there's no need to bring that crap here. That's low and immature. If you have to know, ask the appropriate person, but if you're not involved, then I'd say just mind your own business instead of trying to fuel the fire.

the AGE show organizers turned down free moola?  either your all very wealthy or very stupid!!  take the damn money and stop puttin everyone else down

FYI I have no idea who this person is (and if I know the person they didn't tell me they were going to post this). Whoever you are, I do not condone this sort of sneaky behavior. :x

• 1 month later...

Archived