IGNORED

5200 4-port expansion plate 3d-print model (RGB mod)

leech

The reason the connectors are a bit lower, is that when the plat is put into the atari, there's a bit of an overhang on the inside of the case. I figured there would be better room for connecting wires if it was like this. 

The s-video port is 14mm, which is what the port from console5 needs. I have tested it out in the plain circle version and it fits perfectly.

the rca's are 7mm, and they fit perfectly too. 

11 minutes ago, Tron999 said:

The reason the connectors are a bit lower, is that when the plat is put into the atari, there's a bit of an overhang on the inside of the case. I figured there would be better room for connecting wires if it was like this. 

The s-video port is 14mm, which is what the port from console5 needs. I have tested it out in the plain circle version and it fits perfectly.

the rca's are 7mm, and they fit perfectly too. 

That makes sense, but I actually solder on all the wiring to the jacks before installing the plate back in so I hadn't thought of that being an issue after the fact.

2 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

That makes sense, but I actually solder on all the wiring to the jacks before installing the plate back in so I hadn't thought of that being an issue after the fact.

Yeah, that is what I basically did with the RGB connector.  Screw it on, then pop it in.  I should probably make a longer internal cable, as the one in there right now is a little tight for my liking.  I relly need to find the time fire up the 5200, as I have bought a ton of the new games and haven't had time to play them!

7 hours ago, leech said:

Yeah, that is what I basically did with the RGB connector.  Screw it on, then pop it in.  I should probably make a longer internal cable, as the one in there right now is a little tight for my liking.  I relly need to find the time fire up the 5200, as I have bought a ton of the new games and haven't had time to play them!

Well in the case of the UAV installs, I've found that 1 feet of ribbon is pretty much exactly what I need for those video connections. But on the audio, I actually use two sections of wire but then use a dupont style connector on them so it can be undone without having to desolder anything. Since the UAVs on the 5200 kits have the green screw terminal block on the output side, I don't need a connector for that wiring. But yeah I install and solder on the wiring to the AV jacks on the plate outside of the console as I have all the room I need to secure them in place etc. Then route the wire through the opening in the case and snap & epoxy the plate back into place. The epoxy is basically needed as once that original plate gets cracked loose once, I've found they can begin to pop out easily on their own over time as you plug/unplug cables from the AV jacks. Especially the RCAs if they have a tight grip on the cables. 

1 hour ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

Well in the case of the UAV installs, I've found that 1 feet of ribbon is pretty much exactly what I need for those video connections. But on the audio, I actually use two sections of wire but then use a dupont style connector on them so it can be undone without having to desolder anything. Since the UAVs on the 5200 kits have the green screw terminal block on the output side, I don't need a connector for that wiring. But yeah I install and solder on the wiring to the AV jacks on the plate outside of the console as I have all the room I need to secure them in place etc. Then route the wire through the opening in the case and snap & epoxy the plate back into place. The epoxy is basically needed as once that original plate gets cracked loose once, I've found they can begin to pop out easily on their own over time as you plug/unplug cables from the AV jacks. Especially the RCAs if they have a tight grip on the cables. 

Yeah, my mod is the other one... the UAV wasn't out when I did it.  I can't seem to remember the name of it.

30 minutes ago, leech said:

Yeah, my mod is the other one... the UAV wasn't out when I did it.  I can't seem to remember the name of it.

Well the only other ones I know of were the Retrokidz setup that installs into the GTIA socket and the Low Budget (LHE) version that gets the video from a few pins off the GTIA directly. I have that one in my 5200.