IGNORED

Brand new Japanese Mega Drive Game

Yakumo1975

• 2 weeks later...

I bought mine through Play-asia. Only way to easily import it as aside from that, I believe it is only available through Amazon JPN and they won't let you order it without a JPN account. I first tried to buy it that way through Buyee, but after paying, my order was cancelled as there is a limit on how many can be purchased, and I wasn't the only one trying to use buyee to get the game. Therefore buyee's accounts had all been used and further attempts were triggering the multiple copy patrol on Amazon JPN and denying those orders.

So Play-asia it was:

https://www.play-asia.com/16bit-rhythm-land/13/70cgej

Apparently its region free. The problem you will have it the cart won't actually fit in to a US or PAL Mega Drive due to those systems having the tabs on each corner of the cartridge slot.

It might work with a Game Genie... though I'd be surprised there isn't a modern version of a Mega Drive to Genesis adapter like there is with the NES/Famicom.

Not that this helps, but I've found that my 32x doesn't seem to have too much trouble with JPN MD carts. Not sure why but it is just wide enough to allow them to go in. There is a little force needed but not much at all and I've thought about removing just a bit of material from the tabs on the 32x slot to make it even easier. But as they are, I'm able to put them in without any marks on the carts as is.

My copy of 16bit Rhythm Land arrived today. It was in a nice cardboard box and was wrapped up the same as shown in the video at that beginning of the thread. I ordered mine through Play-Asia and it did come with the OST included! So that's very cool! I haven't popped it in to check it out, but still quite exciting to have a new JPN Megadrive game in the collection!

I saw the thread on Sega-16 and I really want to play it, but I don't want to mess with the international shipping factor.

If you're buying things, international shipping honestly isn't a big deal aside from being slightly more expensive than domestic shipping. I buy stuff from Japan like every few weeks and there's zero hassle to it. Edited by ApolloBoy

If you're buying things, international shipping honestly isn't a big deal aside from being slightly more expensive than domestic shipping. I buy stuff from Japan like every few weeks and there's zero hassle to it.

I import many games from Japan (mostly PC-Engine and Famicom/Super Famicom stuff). And the most I've ever paid for shipping was around $5 for just a game. Now my PC-Engine console was a little bit more but not much.