IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Kevin vs. Peas

RSS Bot

Found a bug in Kevin Vs. Blueberries. When the timer got below 10, it said 90, then 80, etc. until you got a blueberry, then it corrected itself. I fixed it. I was drawing a promo image for it when I realized I wanted the grass to be green, not blue. So I went and figured out something. I can have green grass, but the blueberry and snake would also have to be green. It could be a darker shade of green, but still had to be green. That's dumb, but I had to oblige to the Atari 800's hardware. So I changed it.

Since blueberries aren't green, I had to think of what a green round thing could be. Peas are round and green. And the word "Pea" would fit on the screen. "Kevin Vs. Brussels Sprouts" would be way too long anyway. So now Kevin is going after peas. Although I'm kind of proud that I kept this in 10 lines, I'm still not going to enter it in that contest. I don't want to be in last place yet again. In case you have an emulator and want to run the game, I have an updated disk for it.

My eye hurt so I slept from about 2:30pm and just got up at about midnight. So now my eye doesn't hurt any more, but I'm awake at midnight again.

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/168/entry-15549-kevin-vs-peas/