IGNORED

Horizon Chase Turbo

Flojomojo

This is one of my favorite new games with an old style. Great gameplay, controls, difficulty level, music, and graphics. Someone said it's like what we thought games would look like in the future.

Looks like you fans of cartridges will be able to get a physical release soon.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/02/horizon_chase_turbo_esrb_classification_suggests_a_physical_release_is_on_the_way

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

I've been on the fence about this one, it might appeal to me but it also seems like it might be too simplistic and thus boring. The fact this was an IOS game scares me off. Does anyone care to talk some more about good or bad aspects of this? If I'm convinced, I might download it in PS4 tonight.

I've been on the fence about this one, it might appeal to me but it also seems like it might be too simplistic and thus boring. The fact this was an IOS game scares me off. Does anyone care to talk some more about good or bad aspects of this? If I'm convinced, I might download it in PS4 tonight.

It seems like a love letter to games like Top Gear on the SNES. If you liked that, you will probably like Horizon Chase. It plays very smoothly.

I think it plays well and is a clear love letter to Outrun and games like Top Gear. Very arcade-y, very fun, and getting all of the medals on a given track can be more challenging than you'd think. The only thing is, I have it on PS4, so I don't know how it runs on Switch, but I've heard there are some issues that may be being addressed by patch.

I stayed up late last night playing HCT. I won enough Golds to finally unlock the final World Championship race, in Hawaii. Those Hawaii tracks are dark, curvey and volcanic. So I completed World Tour in about a week, but I did Not get all Gold Trphies yet, let alone Super Trophies. This unlocked short Endurance mode and a new car, so I played through it with the newly unlocked MG midget Gentleman's car (10 races) and came in first.

Lots of content in this game and lots of fun racing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

i actually found a physical copy at GameStop of all places- sometimes when my wife has an appointment in town we swing in to one of the Gamestops since it's kind of by where we need to be.  (There's also a Longhorn Steakhouse close, too, but that's a different story.  ;) )

the first thing i noticed is that while i considered myself an old hand at arcade racers, this one took my ego and promptly flattened it. 

i spent about an hour getting the hang of how the cars handle and how the AI behaves and managed to grind out enough points to get the first two upgrades for my cars. that makes a HUGE difference on the frustration factor for me.  :)   i'm still nowhere as good as my fellow AAers that are on my Switch friends list- you guys have some crazy track times!

graphics and sound-wise, i really dig the game.  the soundtrack reminds me of tons of games i played like this in the 80s/90s.  (i think style-wise, moreso the 90s)  the controls are pretty tight too, though i really hate that pushing in on the L stick honks the horn because i do this when i play games all the time.