IGNORED

5200 OE HSC Challenge 03/19 Centipede

zylon

Our game this month is the classic Centipede, played on Standard. Use original systems and Atari mfg controls, including trackball if desired. Only modern exceptions allowed are flashcarts/SDloaders. Pics preferred, but not required except for HSC wins and records.

Round ends when months does and suggestions welcome.

Current HSC record: Bust it for a bonus point!

Centipede - (Standard)
JacobZu7zu7 51,699
Final scores:
21,445 sdamon +11
21,187 Cafeman +10
16,346 eegt97 +9
7,771 RangerG +8
6,251 zylon +7
Current standings:
zylon - 22
sdamon - 20
RangerG - 15
MrTrust - 9
IICCEEMMAANN - 9
atari-dna - 8
jetset - 7
peedenmark7 - 6

Centipede.BIN

Edited by zylon

21,187. I cant hold in the CX52 button any more, so Im done with this OE round. What, we cant used OE equipment like master play or Wico? My CX52 controllers are all in bad shape even after trying to clean them and adjust them!

Also, Centipede 5200 is even harder than the coin op version!

Edit - just to be clear, the score was achieved using cx52 OE sticks!

post-37-0-92849000-1551669926_thumb.jpeg

Use of the 3rd party alternatives was voted down at the creation of the OE. It can be put to a vote again for next season. There's also an entire month to play each round, so plenty of time to rest up. And yes, this is likely the hardest port of Centipede devised.

The aim of this HSC was to provide an even challenge to all, not dependent on luck or funds to find rare and few special controls. I'd proposed allowing them, as they were still analog, and having had them myself, found no advantage in their use. If anything, they hurt my game, but I'm also rare. ;)

I'd proposed allowing them, as they were still analog, and having had them myself, found no advantage in their use. If anything, they hurt my game, but I'm also rare. ;)

The Wico stick hurts my game too actually, compared to a good CX52. I am no more accurate with the Wico than with the OE controls, but the firebuttons on Wico are wonderful. For digital control games a masterplay interface along with any digital pad (Like Genesis pad!) or joystick is a huge advantage in control, however.

Anyway, Centipede is masterfully programmed. http://cafeman.www9.50megs.com/atari/5200centipede.html

• 2 weeks later...

The march through March ends with defending OE champ sdamon in a narrow victory of worthy opponent Cafeman. :thumbsup: Thanks to those who played. Our next month is up and running. Me, I played, but well, I suck at this one, lol.

Final scores:
21,445 sdamon +11
21,187 Cafeman +10
16,346 eegt97 +9
7,771 RangerG +8
6,251 zylon +7