IGNORED

I've released an officially licensed model SEGA Mega Drive...

slikvik

Thought you all might be interested in what I’ve been working on for 18 months. I managed to secure an official license and release the first in a collection of games console and home computer miniatures. This first one is the SEGA Mega Drive with more to follow if it proves popular enough.

It’s 1:2.3 scale and I’ve made sure that it’s as accurate as possible. Even the cartridge slot is spring loaded and will fit the supplied miniature Sonic cartridge.

I know some would prefer that it actually plays games but given how easy it is to play them on other systems I wanted to concentrate on paying homage to the aesthetic and getting it just right (without HDMI and USB ports getting in the way). I also liked the idea of having 15-20 miniatures all on display such as this Mega Drive, the Dreamcast, Vectrex, Amiga, PC Engine* etc without the large space requirement and in some cases the cost of buying rarer systems. The hope is to be the Funko of games consoles and home computers!

1T3A0008-MOD-SQ-400.jpg

Anyway, I’m really proud (and exhausted) so just wanted to share. This one is only available in Europe at the moment I’m afraid but I am working on fixing that. More images are here: https://retroelectromodels.com/product/retro-electro-sega-mega-drive-12-3-scale-model/

People have really loved them so far as you can see here: https://twitter.com/Malchedael_67/status/1102598365328691201

*Confirmation of the systems planned are under wraps for legal reasons but I am speaking to some of the largest (and smallest) games console manufacturers, past and present.

• Like 4

I really like this. Here in Japan we've had very good replicas for quite some time however I don't think we've ever has anything other than Sega and Nintendo. If you can make a series of many systems in high quality that would make for an excelent miniature game room.

• Like 1

Thanks. That's the intention and I am in talks with brands that I'm sure you'll like ;) The trouble is it's very expensive to get a single model of this detail off the ground so I really need this one to do well enough that I can start the next one, and the next one etc.

Thanks. That's the intention and I am in talks with brands that I'm sure you'll like ;) The trouble is it's very expensive to get a single model of this detail off the ground so I really need this one to do well enough that I can start the next one, and the next one etc.

well I hope all goes well for you and that this particular model sells very well.
  • Like 1