IGNORED

Atari Lynx Programmer Pi Hat Orders

Igor

Have a look at SLS print shops. In Germany I found €6.68 (MeltWerk). But with DHL mailing it gets a bit expensive in small quantities.

Thanks for the tip, found a place that will do 10 for $35 PLA or ABS for $47

They should be ABS correct?

I do not know the terms for 3d printing.

www.3dhubs.com is the site.

PLA is hard. Glossy stuff, impossible to correct small mistakes. ABS is simple. You can use a knife with it. Both are typical 3D looking. It is possible to smooth ABS is you put it under a glass with a paper soaked with a little acetone.

I have ordered a few shells in white nylon printed by SLS. The same technique used for Alpine Games.

I will take 1, does it works with an old Raspberry 1 ?

Added you to the list, you'll need a RPi 2 at least, RPi 3 or zero should also work since they have the same GPIO headers.

Does it support all the formats the roms could be in? lyx lnx bin? headers or headerless?

Once you have the LNX file you can convert. My understanding is that the LYX file is just a LNX file without the header, writing out a LYX file should be easy then, programming one will require additional inputs for the block size, that can be added to the software easily too.

Hi Necrocia

where do you live?In USA???This would make a programmer more expensive for me.You need a Raspberry Pi for this?

Could you post a photo of the Raspberry and tell me its

correct name?

I do not want to order the wrong thing.

greetings Walter

I'm in Australia. The details in the original post describe it quite well, as this is a PiHat board, it requires a Raspberri Pi 2. The very first photo shows the programmer board on top of a Raspberry Pi 2. You also need to have a good knowledge of Linux and some programming to make use of this board. Your question to show a photo of a Raspberry Pi concerns me, are you sure you will be able to use this board? What are you intending to use it for by the way?

I'm in Australia. The details in the original post describe it quite well, as this is a PiHat board, it requires a Raspberri Pi 2. The very first photo shows the programmer board on top of a Raspberry Pi 2. You also need to have a good knowledge of Linux and some programming to make use of this board. Your question to show a photo of a Raspberry Pi concerns me, are you sure you will be able to use this board? What are you intending to use it for by the way?

I am no programmer....just want to play around with it...

Read out some of my carts.....

but Australia means...high shipping costs and taxes at the customs....

thanx for info......

Karri made a programmer for me...this should

be ok for my uses.

Edited by gambler172

Shipping to Germany is around 14EUR. Not sure about customs costs though. The board is almost identical to Karri's version, operation-wise it is identical.

You should still be able to make use of the updated software with Karri's board once I release it.

Quick update - PCBs are off for fabrication, shipping boxes ordered, all sorts of screws ordered, cart connectors ordered. Once some of the parts from China start to arrive I will order the rest of the electronic components.

Also spent time on the weekend updating the software, I have a separate branch for it in Karri's git repository here: https://bitbucket.org/atarilynx/lynx/src/programmer-enhancements/contrib/blankcart/programmer/

Edited by necrocia
  • Like 1

I've been focusing on updating the readcart program since that's probably something that most people will try first.
It now has a little help screen and a number of options to make it easier to control. I'll be adding more features like chip detection and bad data detection next.

Usage: readcart [-a|-bN] [-h] [-i] [-nohdr] [-swvcc] [-turbo] [-v|-vv] <romfile>
	-a	Automatically determine block size
	-bN	Manually set block size to N, valid values: 512, 1024, 1024x2
	-h	Show this summary and exit
	-i	Show cart information and exit
	-nohdr	Do not write the LNX file header to romfile
	-swvcc	Enable SWVCC to allow reading certain cart types
	-turbo	Use turbo mode, may produce corrupt dumps
	-v	Set verbose mode
	-vv	Set verbose debug mode

Running it is something like this...

./readcart -b1024 -vv -turbo cart.lnx
Initialising SPI @ 10Mhz
Setting up programmer board
Turbo mode enabled
Cart size 256k with 1024b block size
Reading Lynx cart data to file cart.lnx
Writing LNX header
Reading block 256 / 256 [ 100.00% ] Elapsed time is 15 seconds
Read complete, time taken was 15 seconds
Edited by necrocia

A small note about the block sizes. You need the blocksize 2048 and not 2 x 1024.

The "other" reader readcart2m was intended for the special extra addressed carts. It addresses the second and third rom using CART1 strobe and third and fourth rom using AUDIN. In the upcoming 2MB cart all these are in use.

Of course we could later port the extra modes from the 2m variants to the basic readcart routine.

Sure, no problems zoran.

I'm also in the process of seeing if I can supply a cartridge shell with each board so when you order your blank cart PCBs from Karri you will already have a shell to use.

Sure, no problems zoran.

I'm also in the process of seeing if I can supply a cartridge shell with each board so when you order your blank cart PCBs from Karri you will already have a shell to use.

I love the idea of a shell included. Great for people without a 3d printer. I have my pcbs on the way, I found a place that will print 10 shells for about $45.

Looking forward for the programmer.

• Like 1