IGNORED

RespeQt on a small, low priced netbook?

6BQ5

My Windows 10 and 130XE computers arent very close together. It would be a major undertaking to rearrange my computer lab. I was thinking it may be easier to get a small (used?) netbook computer dedicated to running RespeQt. It wouldnt need a lot of RAM or storage space.

Any thoughts? Bad idea? Good idea?

My Windows 10 and 130XE computers arent very close together. It would be a major undertaking to rearrange my computer lab. I was thinking it may be easier to get a small (used?) netbook computer dedicated to running RespeQt. It wouldnt need a lot of RAM or storage space.

Any thoughts? Bad idea? Good idea?

I run RespeQt on Raspberry Pi boards so any “real” laptop will be fine.

• Like 1

I have used an old Asus eeePC 904ha netbook; 2gb ram, running 32 bit XP Home Edition and respeqt. It runs with no issues.

You won't need a lot of horsepower to run it and a netbook fits just fine on top of a 1050 floppy drive. :thumbsup:

I tried Windows 10 32-bit on a 1GB Lenovo netbook, Serving RespeQt. The system was overall sluggish, but it worked just fine.

Running RespeQT in a Raspberry PI 2 with Lotharek Sio2PC.

It mostly works, sometimes I got write timeouts when running other apps, like opening a browser.

----

In the meanwhile 850 emulation is ready, would it be possible to make it ignore R: requests? so it can be ran at the same time as tcpser?

Regards and thanks.