IGNORED

Atari Computer Exhibit at Vintage Computer Festival East

Albert

Wife and I will be at VCFMW again this year. I plan on having 5 running systems across 2 tables. Anxiously awaiting venue information so I can secure a spot.

I plan on showing:

• 1088XEL Beta
  • 1088XLD Beta
  • Eclaire XL Beta
  • 800 with Incognito and Bit3
  • Can't decide on machine #5 - probably my 320kB 130XE

It's a 50% chance I will be there this year (wife is expecting late June). If I make it I will have

• 1088XEL Beta
  • 1088XLD Beta
  • Eclaire (in mini ITX form)
  • 130XE with various flash drives
  • Atari items for sale
  • at least two machines running MIDI MAZE connected (I'll have to hook up to yours as well Stephen)

Generally speaking, even though VCFMW shares with the Commodore event the Atari presence grows each year.

Edited by orpheuswaking
  • Like 6

also, if you have a burner, eprom, and a board, I can point you to the cart image. it's been released, I'm just building a few for those who don't have a burner setup, and would like to show this off. :)

https://github.com/tschak909/platoterm64/releases/tag/PLATOTERM-ATARI-LITE-1.1

Burn to e.g. a 27C256 (double it up) and it will go into an XEGS 1M cart board just fine.

-Thom

• Like 4

It's a 50% chance I will be there this year (wife is expecting late June). If I make it I will have

• 1088XEL Beta
  • 1088XLD Beta
  • Eclaire (in mini ITX form)
  • 130XE with various flash drives
  • Atari items for sale
  • at least two machines running MIDI MAZE connected (I'll have to hook up to yours as well Stephen)
Generally speaking, even though VCFMW shares with the Commodore event the Atari presence grows each year.
I'll be at VCFSE 7.0 on April 27 & 28, and so far we have four people representing Atari. I'll be displaying:

--1088XEL

--1088XLD

--various Atari 8-bit models with upgrades

--a strong attempt at a MIDI-Maze game consisting of *16* Atari 8-bits (with some help from adjacent Atari tables).

• Like 7

Anyone from AA that attends should wear a "Hello My Name Is" sticker with their forum name. Being in NJ, I'm planning on going Sat or Sun. Looks like fun.

We have a few AA people at the VCFMW events, I usually put my username on my badge

• Like 3

I'm definitely going! But I have more reasons that most.. I grew up less than a half mile from that place and remember it well, I played little league right next door and used to stop in that building on the way home to use the water fountain when it was still an army post. Also, my dad was an engineer there in the 60's- he's coming too.

• Like 2

My wife and I took some friends to the military exhibits at InfoAge this past weekend. As I was walking through the empty VCF East exhibit rooms, I was imagining how it is going to look with the epic Atari and UNIX displays this year. Its going to be fun.

If you can make it on Friday, there will be an full slate of interesting talks scheduled (but no exhibits). Saturday is usually packed with the general public coming through. Sunday is usually a slower day, giving the exhibitors more time to talk to folks, plus Joe D will be giving his keynote that day.

• Like 1

I'm tempted to attend. About a 3 hour drive for me. So I'd probably stay overnight somewhere.

I still feel like i need more details about this show that the front page is not giving me.

Is this just a tech meetup or will a sell and swap be setup for Atari related stuff?

Gotta think this one over.

Hi,

There will be daily talks by notable individuals in the industry. There will be an exhibit area to see and in many cases, try systems out that are setup for use, while others are viewable only, there is a vendor area for people selling things to the retro community and then their is an open consignment area where anyone can sell/trade/buy things they bring to the show.

You should come.

I'm tempted to attend. About a 3 hour drive for me. So I'd probably stay overnight somewhere.

I still feel like i need more details about this show that the front page is not giving me.

Is this just a tech meetup or will a sell and swap be setup for Atari related stuff?

Gotta think this one over.

• Like 3

Thanks for the info Curt.

Is the consignment area both days? I have a couple Atari computers that don't get much use these days.

I have a Falcon,XEGS and Colecovision that I'm thinking of trading. Nothing solid yet. My wife keeps telling

me I'll regret it. :-0 Anyone have a 1040STE with a floppy emulator you'd like to trade for a Falcon?

Edited by Zeptari1
  • Like 1

Is the consignment area both days? I have a couple Atari computers that don't get much use these days.

I have a Falcon,XEGS and Colecovision that I'm thinking of trading. Nothing solid yet. My wife keeps telling

me I'll regret it. :-0 Anyone have a 1040STE with a floppy emulator you'd like to trade for a Falcon?

Smart wife. The Falcon you are surely going to regret IMHO.

BTW I do have a 1040STE/4MB with a Gotek and HxC firmware :D

Trade? :)

Edited by ivop
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Saturday's are definitely more heavily attended, so it has more of an event feel to it. Joe Decuir is speaking on Sunday morning though, so that might be a better choice from an Atari perspective.

It looks like I will be there on Sunday May 5th to see Joe's speech. I am also really looking forward to the Atari Museum exhibit and to saying hello to Curt, whom I haven't seen in 15 years or so. It should be a great day!

• Like 3

You will regret getting rid of the Falcon. So many ST games have been adapted by Klaz and PPera to run on the Falcon that getting an STE in exchange is an interesting call.

Would love to attend this but cannot figure out if there is any mass transit that gets anywhere near this. I live in mid-town Manhattan, if anyone in the area is going, or can tell me what the easiest way to get there is I am all ears.

I am no expert too, but I looked around online. It looks like the New Jersey Coast Line runs from NY Penn Station (in midtown Manhattan ;-)) to Belmar Station (as noted by BNE Jeff above). One transfer is needed at Long Branch Station where you take the train toward Bay Head. It takes about 2 hours one way and costs $16.75.

The bummer is getting from Belmar Station to InfoAge. It's a 2 mile walk along roads with no sidewalks. :mad:

• Like 1