IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Brick walls and snow

RSS Bot

I thought of an idea for Frank the Fruit Fly, so I decided to implement it. It took a few hours to figure out the collision code for the walls, but it was done. This was yesterday. Today I decided to play it to try to get a better picture of it. I noticed that the snowflake was only health subtracting causing if it fell on him. Since I wanted him to subtract health if he bumped into it, I looked at the snow falling code. Sure enough, I had made a small mistake. I used "add" twice instead of "add" once and "sub" once. So I fixed it and it works good now.

I don't know if it's my computer or the game, but a couple of times, it did weird stuff, like buzzing for music. Right now I'm chalking it up to my stupid computer being stupid. I just tested it on a real Pokemon Mini and it works fine. It's best that when I think of something to put in there, I act on it right away or else I'll forget it, that and it may take a few hours to do because I'm dumb. Right now the code for the game is over 3,500 lines, yet I'm only at level 2! I wonder how many lines of code are in a released Pokemon Mini game, since they're 4 MB! Anyway, when all is said and done, I hope to make a 4 MB game with save support, although I don't know how I'd test the saving function.

I didn't get to sleep until 4 AM and I woke up at 11 AM and I'm so sleepy. I'm trying to cut back the number of hours I sleep since I figure it's not very good for me, but I find I'm sleepy if I don't get 12 hours of sleep every night. I had to go to the post office to mail a few packages, and I had to force myself out of bed at 11 AM so I could go and have it not be so crowded.

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/168/entry-15644-brick-walls-and-snow/