IGNORED

Yet, another ColecoVision Vaporware

retroillucid

12 minutes ago, Kiwi said:

This game uses 1 controllers.  Moving the controller pad will move your ship in all direction.  The fire 1 button fires your forward laser.  To fire your upper, lower, or back laser, hold a direction and press fire 1.  Fire 2 button will shoot laser from both guns on top and bottom of your ship.  You can use the keypad 2,4,6,8 to fire your laser in specific direction while being stationary.  You're limited to fire 3 lasers on screen.   You can pause your game by pressing the zero key.  

Tooooo cool! So, hypothetically, someone could make a stick/4button or twin stick arcade controller if u/d/l/r were wire for 2, 4, 6 and 8, or whatever. Then we just need Robotron 2084... is that the secret game? Yo! Mr Eddladdin! I have an idea for you!

On 7/27/2019 at 12:29 AM, NIAD said:

Or have input from two controllers connected to the Roller Controller. The left controller moves the ship and the right is for controlling the direction on your shots/laser.

That would be groovy, we could use the roller controller as a base!

On 7/26/2019 at 11:29 PM, NIAD said:

Or have input from two controllers connected to the Roller Controller. The left controller moves the ship and the right is for controlling the direction on your shots/laser.

Yes, that would be great if it’s not too late to add the extra controller option to the game. Another option would be the four SNES controller buttons on the pheonix. 

Just thought I'd add that Jennell Jaquays actually commented on Vanguard at 12:07 in this video of a presentation given at the 2017 PRGE.  Apparently they had already gone as far as acquiring an original cab to study when the deal fell through.  They soon picked up Cosmic Avenger as a substitute.

15 hours ago, Psionic said:

Just thought I'd add that Jennell Jaquays actually commented on Vanguard at 12:07 in this video of a presentation given at the 2017 PRGE.  Apparently they had already gone as far as acquiring an original cab to study when the deal fell through.  They soon picked up Cosmic Avenger as a substitute.

Liked the video but her incorrect use of factoid is driving me nuts haha

Apparently there is a second meaning I wasn't aware of that would cover her use of it

Edited by zaphro72
accuracy

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, retroillucid said:

Vanguard is already soldout

Less than 50 copies left of Challenger!

Challenger is limited to 100 copies only and no more will ever be made!

Grab it while it's there!

https://collectorvision.com/shop/colecovision/challenger/

Shit! Got busy with real life this week and had planned on buying them this weekend. Hoping you do make more Vanguard (and/or release it on the Inty) ?

18 minutes ago, cmart604 said:

Shit! Got busy with real life this week and had planned on buying them this weekend. Hoping you do make more Vanguard (and/or release it on the Inty) ?

Yeah, it went V E R Y   F A S T for those relases :o
I think it have something to do with a certain brand new console...... called Phoenix ;) 

41 minutes ago, retroillucid said:

Yeah, it went V E R Y   F A S T for those relases :o
I think it have something to do with a certain brand new console...... called Phoenix ;) 

I think in the case of vanguard:

- it's a great game (no offense to Challenger which does seem fun but I know back in the day, Vanguard had a following)

- your video released shows its an EXCELLENT conversion

- doesn't need the SGM for original SGM-less real colecovision owners

- and this is the likely one: this was SUPPOSED to be a released title back in the day.  I don't doubt you could sell another 100, especially when people start playing it and report on it.  

It's fun to get new homebrews, etc.  But originally promised titles probably trigger a little something extra for the old fans of the system.  You have NO IDEA how much I debated on ordering it or not.  LOL

9 minutes ago, Loafer said:

I don't doubt you could sell another 100, especially when people start playing it and report on it.

I think you're highly wrong on this!

The last perfect CV arcade port I've seen for ColecoVision has been a couple years ago  
This is not a simple MSX/SG-1000 conversion here, we're talking about a faithful arcade port done from scratch, and with passion....and it shows! :)

7 hours ago, retroillucid said:

I think you're highly wrong on this!

The last perfect CV arcade port I've seen for ColecoVision has been a couple years ago  
This is not a simple MSX/SG-1000 conversion here, we're talking about a faithful arcade port done from scratch, and with passion....and it shows! :)

I think you misread my post!  True I didn’t word it well,  “I don’t doubt” meaning I have no doubt, I KNOW you could sell another 100

7 hours ago, retroillucid said:

Challenger was also panned for ColecoVision ;)

Challenger cart.png

Yes but it doesn’t have the same reputation as a quality game (that’s not saying it isn’t a quality game just it’s not as known)

i am certain you guys have done a great job with it, looks to be a polished conversion and great addition to the colecovision/Phoenix library 

Edited by Loafer