IGNORED

Retroguru will release Xump for Atari Lynx at Revision 2019

Nop90

We decided to not put the save file in the release because the SD cart owners should know how to create one, and we put a note about it in the txt inside the release.

We don't want lamers using emulators to be confused by the presence of a save file and complain online of it not working.

I'll add a premade save file in the release post this evening anyway.

• Like 1

Since there are different systems at the compo it's difficoult to compare works. But feedbacks on Pouet are very good.

Probably video could have been better (necrocia you did your best, it's my fault for finishing to fix everything so late) and maybe showing in the wideo the prototype cart before booting the game could have made the difference. But now it's not so important. We'll promote the game and will try to make a phisical release for the end of the year.

My to do list is full till this summer, but next retroguru port to lynx could be Fruity. Let's see....

Enties will be listed here, but will take some days to have all the list complete.

Clicking on result on top of the pages there are the ames of all the unetries, you can try to find them with google.

My entry was the only one for lynx at revision.

EDIT: al files already on demozoo https://demozoo.org/parties/3770/

Edited by Nop90

We placed only 8 ot of 9. But despite th ebad position, I'm, very proud of this game.

If someone has some feedbacks about what could have gone wrong, let me know please.

I think it's ok to have competitions for things like music, games, visual art, fashion, dance etc. (if we really have to compete) but since it's so subjective I'd take any results with a pinch of salt. Technically I find Xump super sound. The graphics are great, the music's great and it plays great. I guess it just didn't happen to fall in the taste of the judges.

That was a silly competition. Windows, Linux, WII in the same category as C64, Pico and Lynx.

Yes, what were they thinking? How could those modern generic tools ever compete with unique timeless classics like the c64 and the Lynx and the unique charm of Pico-8? :-D

Edited by Turbo Laser Lynx

I guess it just didn't happen to fall in the taste of the judges.

There are no judges, voting is opened to all the partecipants to the event.

Such copetitions are a lottery, often a funny idea gets a better ranking than a big technical work. Nevetheless Revision is big event with a lot of visibility for the partecipants, so winning is cool, but it's not so important

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...