IGNORED

Stella 6 on the R77: the eagle is landing

DirtyHairy

22 minutes ago, m.o.terra kaesi said:

Does the R77 now play also PHYSICAL Homebrews or just downloaded roms?

The R77 does not make a difference here. The problem is, that the cartridge slot dumper only supports a very limited number of cart types. Even many advanced original carts do not work. And even some theoretically supported carts do not work due to other incompatibilities. Overall the cartridge ports is a mediocre piece of hardware combined with lousy software.

And unfortunately all this cannot be fixed. 

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...

(I was able to fix the below issue by completely rewriting stella 6.6 to an sd card)...but is there an easier way?  In the video below I now cannot use a controller to navigate the menu of the Retron 77 using Stella 6.6.    Is there way to reset all the settings to default without just having to rewrite the entire SD card?   Here is a video showing my issue

I'm not sure how anyone can play the R77. Admittedly my version of Stella might be a couple years old, because I put it back in the box about that long ago... The R77 has input lag that makes it unbearable to me. I thought it was the TV at first. Then I realized it was the R77 as everything else I've hooked up to the same TV works flawless. 🤔