IGNORED

Use 800xl power supplly on Commodore 64?

IceCold

I was just wondering if I can use a 800xl or 600xl power supply on a Commodore 64. The power plug end is the same, but is the polarity, voltage, etc. right?

Please help me with this information, so I know if I can use the c64 or not.

Here's a pinout of the C64 power connector, and according to this Atari 8-Bit FAQ, the XL's expect pins 6 and 7 to be +5V in, when they're 9VAC on the C64. I wouldn't risk it, could fry something important.

Too bad actually, since I would be interested in running a 600XL off of one of my extra C64 power adaptors...

--Zero

Here's a pinout of the C64 power connector, and according to this Atari 8-Bit FAQ, the XL's expect pins 6 and 7 to be +5V in, when they're 9VAC on the C64. I wouldn't risk it, could fry something important.

Too bad actually, since I would be interested in running a 600XL off of one of my extra C64 power adaptors...

--Zero

I could trade you(I have an extra 600xl power supply) for your c64 power adapter, but shipping to and from canada would probably be pretty steep :sad:

Yeah, I'm afraid it's not really worth it... I've actually seen XL power supplies around, but didn't bother getting them. As it is, I really have no room to set it up anyways, so it's not a big priority.

C64 power supplies shouldn't be that hard to find though... I see all kinds of C64 stuff in the thrift stores around here. It was quite popular back in the days.

--Zero

Archived