IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Microvision!

RSS Bot

For the first time in at least a few years, I got out my Microvision collection to see if it still works. I have two consoles. There was a 9-volt battery in one of them, so I put it in the right space and turned it on. A couple of random pixels. I turned it off and back on again. Nothing. I tested the other unit. The same problem. Could it be that both of them died in storage? Then I thought of something to try. I went and got a new 9-volt battery and put it in.

I got a 180 score in Bowling. I tested the other one. I got a score of 9 in Star Trek: Phaser Strike. So it looks like even though the 9-volt battery wasn't being used, it still wore out somehow. I was careful enough to not leave the battery still in the working slot, which I think saved its life. I am always careful to not do that even when I know I'll be using it again very soon. The last thing I want in my Microvision is a corroded battery plug in place.

I updated my Microvision site, got rid of a dead link and got rid of the store since I lost the two games I had for sale (I don't know where they went.) And I added the modified Alien Raiders font. It leaves me wondering what other letters they modified in that font. Too bad we'll never know. I wonder if it's possible for someone to make an AC adapter for it. Perhaps fit it in the battery place and connect it to the wall outlet. If I knew how to do that sort of thing, i would. But I don't, so I can't (and won't.) And I also want to see the Barrage prototype if there is one. As long as I'm dreaming, I want a million dollars, lose 20 pounds, the ants to never return to the house, and a horse.

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/168/entry-15743-microvision/