IGNORED

5200 HSC Season 12 Round 7 - Pole Position

DamonicFury

Sorry for posting so much; I decided to play one more round and actually beat my prior score. I placed in the Pole Position here, and I did finish the race this time. I crashed once, so there is still room for improvement. However I think my Pole Position gaming has peaked with this score.

post-37-0-14844200-1555771715_thumb.jpeg

• Like 2

Has anyone else noticed that it is possible for the game to change its speed upper bounds from default 195 MPH to 215 MPH? I saw it happen once, somewhere during the course if the race I noticed I was breaking 200 MPH. It wasn't on one of my high score rounds, however, and I'm not sure if I was really driving faster or if it was just a visual MPH glitch.

Has anyone else noticed that it is possible for the game to change its speed upper bounds from default 195 MPH to 215 MPH? I saw it happen once, somewhere during the course if the race I noticed I was breaking 200 MPH. It wasn't on one of my high score rounds, however, and I'm not sure if I was really driving faster or if it was just a visual MPH glitch.

;)

post-25215-0-71682400-1555900448_thumb.jpg

?

That seems to be a bug that can be triggered by performing well. it does actually make the car go faster and lasts until you hit something, or go off-track. I only seem to get it on near perfect runs and used to encourage players to trigger it. 211 is the 1st one and if you make that lap without incident, you can hit this 227 one next. The whole thing had to something to do with the amount of time carried over onto the next lap.

Edited by zylon
  • Like 1

Very impressed by the qualifying laps! I could barely get under 60 seconds.

On this race, I earned a 2nd place on my qualifying lap, but I finished the race without crashing.

Edit: Also, I have seen where the speed gets messed up. It doesn't seem to make you any faster, though (I think you're still topping out at the same 195 mph speed).

post-4520-0-39497700-1556243130_thumb.jpg

Edited by jnice
  • Like 3

Congratulations to jnice for passing the most cars and speeding through the most laps to win this round! H.E.R.O. coming up next

Final standings:

jnice - 59,400 - RECORD BREAKER - 11 +1 = +12

Cafeman - 58,250 - +10

eegt97 - 56,650 - +9

zylon - 56,450 - +8

Nuclear Pacman - 55,800 - +7

jetset - 54,100 - +6

roadrunner - 53,400 - +5

bemis - 44,350 - +4

jblenkle - 41,650 - +3

Abel M'Vada - 32,700 - +2

Mangia-Boy - 28,650 - +1

Fastest qualifying round:

Cafeman - 57.43 +3

eegt97 - 57.86 +2

zylon - 58.18 +1

Nuclear Pacman - 59.45

Abel M'Vada - 59.47

bemis - 60.50

jblenkle - 66.19

• Like 1

I think I enjoyed this round the most of any, at least for a long time. Even though this 5200/A8 version of PP has control issues regardless of whether you try analog or tap-tap-hold digital, and the car scaling and scrolling frame rate gets chuggy and jumpy, thus making passing in tight spots around corners a crap shoot at times ... Even so, this is very well programmed and fun! My memory had a more critical opinion of this port before.

I'm astounded that playing in this HSC round on the toughest track, Atari Grand Prix, that I only finished the race like 2 times. And it still wasn't good enough to get the highest score, since I usually crash once during the race. Or, many times I get stuck behind obstacle cars and I still haven't learned the best way to get around them. How many of you ran out of time with the goal line in view? :) I was always willing to play one more game. And I always felt that a better score was possible if I just improved my skills a bit more.

Sorry that the phone call cost you a point. :-( But glad you at least already had another good score in so it was only a point.

Even worse was that post was ready at 8:53, but I couldn't enter it because of the phone call. :(