IGNORED

Atari 5200 - Astro Grover - ROM Release

CPUWIZ

My apologies, it was probably the 2600 version, though I do remember the 5200 carts standing out. This is some 20 years later after all... memory fail.

It's all good. I really like the 2600 version and would LOVE to see what it would have been like on the 5200 if only for the graphical improvements to the same game. :)

So far the only two 5200 kids games that have surfaced are Astro Grover and Muppet Go Round. I'm actually surprised either exist frankly as I figured Atari never started with the 5200 kids games due to the 5200 not exactly taking the world by storm.

Btw does anyone know who bought the Muppet Go Round proto? It got ebayed and then disappeared (much like that Hard Head proto).

Tempest, I have to agree with you on that. I'm really looking forward to when Muppet Go Round sees the light of day. Astro Grover is too cool and I'm going to be doing an episode on it and other 5200 protos. I guess I'm slightly biased because I was a Sesame Street kid growing up and it brings back a lot of happy memories. My daughter wasn't that big into Sesame Street when she was younger though, so I think a lot of the magic that they had in the 70's and 80's is gone.

So far the only two 5200 kids games that have surfaced are Astro Grover and Muppet Go Round. I'm actually surprised either exist frankly as I figured Atari never started with the 5200 kids games due to the 5200 not exactly taking the world by storm.

Btw does anyone know who bought the Muppet Go Round proto? It got ebayed and then disappeared (much like that Hard Head proto).

Muppets Go Round was dumped IIRC. I had a copy but lost it in a HDD crash years ago. I believe I got a copy of the binary from the guy who came here on AA when he found it. My memory could be failing me and it could have just been the 8bit version I was messing with at the time the 5200 version was found. I'm pretty sure I had a copy of the dump though cause I remember it not having any sound and it's 8bit counterpart does. So it could be floating in digital form somewhere. If I did have it, it's long lost from my hands though. And no, I never made any backups or cartridges from it.

Muppets Go Round was dumped IIRC. I had a copy but lost it in a HDD crash years ago. I believe I got a copy of the binary from the guy who came here on AA when he found it. My memory could be failing me and it could have just been the 8bit version I was messing with at the time the 5200 version was found. I'm pretty sure I had a copy of the dump though cause I remember it not having any sound and it's 8bit counterpart does. So it could be floating in digital form somewhere. If I did have it, it's long lost from my hands though. And no, I never made any backups or cartridges from it.

I know you are not high, or drunk, so please go take your meds. :P

I looked over some old posts to jog my memory and it was just the 8bit version I was messing around with. :(

I don't know about you guys, but I can't get the 8 bit version to work. I can't get the C64 version to work either. The only one that works is the DOS version. I'm not sure why.