IGNORED

Disk-Master 1050 disk copy protection

ijor

16 hours ago, ijor said:

Glad you could make it work.

Btw, Greg, in another thread we were talking about a possible incompatibility between accessing the $9800 address space and the optional Happy Controller. This because any access to this address space seems to trigger one of the flip flops on the Happy Controller board. Since you mentioned you used the extra RAM for some in-house software, do you remember anything about this possible conflict?

Sorry, I don't specifically remember any conflicts, but I'll ask Richard.

BTW, I figured out why the protected tracks weren't getting written.  There is an option to "write empty sectors", which I hadn't used before and wasn't in the default settings.  Anyway, now it goes to the end of the disk, looking for data.

So thanks again for the patch for rev 2.  So I guess he was just looking for bytes in a specific place, rather than actually needing it to work.

4 hours ago, Gregf said:

So thanks again for the patch for rev 2.  So I guess he was just looking for bytes in a specific place, rather than actually needing it to work.

It searches for the first empty slot on the Happy command table and it assumes the rest of the table from there it is free. Which is true in rev1, but not in rev2.

On 5/31/2023 at 4:00 PM, _The Doctor__ said:

Is there a possibility to alter the happy software fixing it to detect the 'Happy Bug' versions and then set up the options to avoid it, followed by locking those options?

We are talking many things here and I'm not sure I follow. Exactly which happy bug are you talking about?

Edited by ijor