IGNORED

Revisiting games

Flojomojo

Hi flojomojo!

I do that all the time in games. The most recent one for me is probably Octopath Traveller from.. January? Likely when I do pick it back up I'm just gonna have to erase my save game and start over.

I've also done that to Skyrim more times than I can count on more platforms than I can count, lol.

Skyrim, I'm there with you on that as far as Zelda goes. I haven't touched it in over a year, and the last time I did I think I got confused which direction to go. You open up spots on the map, but it's never quite clear which place to wander yet that's on the story or off the beaten path wasting hours on side jobs/quests. I'm between picking it up again and likely starting over, or saying screw it and looking more closely at Dragon's Dogma to see if it's a bit less insane. That said though, FF12 Switch should be here shortly in the mail from Amazon and I've never experienced that one before either.

• Like 1

We all do it because of the IRL situation being different than back in the day when you could play forever. But it's our problem, not a design one. I'm very happy that humungous games exist. I spent hundreds of hours in Bethesda's games and never got further than 1/3 rd of the main quest - and it's totally fine.

• Like 3

Skyrim, I'm there with you on that as far as Zelda goes. I haven't touched it in over a year, and the last time I did I think I got confused which direction to go. You open up spots on the map, but it's never quite clear which place to wander yet that's on the story or off the beaten path wasting hours on side jobs/quests. I'm between picking it up again and likely starting over, or saying screw it and looking more closely at Dragon's Dogma to see if it's a bit less insane. That said though, FF12 Switch should be here shortly in the mail from Amazon and I've never experienced that one before either.

My wife's copy of FF12 should be here tomorrow- she played it a TON when our daughter was born because our daughter did. not. sleep. She has Zodiac Age on her computer, but thought that playing it on the Switch would be easier.

Once I get through my Asian copy of X/X-2 ( ;) ) I'm going to start up a game as well if she's not currently playing.

For the last month or so ive been thinking about getting back into BOTW. Its been around a year for me since ive played. Im going to have to youtube those harder strength tests because I cant beat them no matter what I try.

Once I finished out BOTW I dorked around for a little bit with the DLC content, but I just kind of lost my will to play, lol. It seems like the really tough Strength Test shrines all have a particular way for setup (and requires a buttload of hearts and items)- I think YouTube would be the way to go!

• Like 1

Once I finished out BOTW I dorked around for a little bit with the DLC content, but I just kind of lost my will to play, lol. It seems like the really tough Strength Test shrines all have a particular way for setup (and requires a buttload of hearts and items)- I think YouTube would be the way to go!

Are you going to try out the VR mode?

We all do it because of the IRL situation being different than back in the day when you could play forever. But it's our problem, not a design one. I'm very happy that humungous games exist. I spent hundreds of hours in Bethesda's games and never got further than 1/3 rd of the main quest - and it's totally fine.

I don't like it, but I'm going to agree with you because otherwise I'd be in denial. Most games unless they're under 20 hours these days I won't finish and can't do it. The fact I put the amount of time I did to Skyrim and various others I guess I got my monies worth considering say what it costs for 2hours of fun at a movie theater or for a $20-30 blu ray. The fact I could blow 50 on BotW and actually see the ending was a miracle of timing in itself at that time and being a handheld helps a lot too. A few years earlier I dropped upwards of 40 on Xenoblade on New3DS back when that arrived, and had I done that on Wii I would have stopped in half that time.

digdug -- I see my copy has been out for delivery for an hour or two so far so it'll get here. I've got a busy day so I hope I can even open it up but if not, so be it, there's tomorrow. Sadly it means I'll end up shelving Golf Story and I was enjoying it, so I hope I don't forget to play it again.

• Like 1

My Breath of the Wild save is from October 2017 and I forgot what I was doing and how to play.

I'm flojomojo and I'm truly pathetic.

Heh, yeah, same.

I *finally* made myself sit back down and play through and beat it. But the first day was like Gandalf in the lotr movies: "I have no memory of this place...."

My next project was all the dark souls games. I've gotten to the end of all of them and (outside demon souls) never beat them due to a ps3 hardware failure.

• Like 1

I don't like it, but I'm going to agree with you because otherwise I'd be in denial. Most games unless they're under 20 hours these days I won't finish and can't do it. The fact I put the amount of time I did to Skyrim and various others I guess I got my monies worth considering say what it costs for 2hours of fun at a movie theater or for a $20-30 blu ray. The fact I could blow 50 on BotW and actually see the ending was a miracle of timing in itself at that time and being a handheld helps a lot too. A few years earlier I dropped upwards of 40 on Xenoblade on New3DS back when that arrived, and had I done that on Wii I would have stopped in half that time.

digdug -- I see my copy has been out for delivery for an hour or two so far so it'll get here. I've got a busy day so I hope I can even open it up but if not, so be it, there's tomorrow. Sadly it means I'll end up shelving Golf Story and I was enjoying it, so I hope I don't forget to play it again.

Hehe, it got my wife to put a copy of Diablo 3 down :) she played it for several hours last night- it looks fantastic on the Switch.

Hehe, it got my wife to put a copy of Diablo 3 down :) she played it for several hours last night- it looks fantastic on the Switch.

I couldn't put that one down either, one of like 3 rarities on the system I dropped at least 40 hours into. Skyrim I didn't finish but did a lot, Zelda and Diablo 3 I did finish the primary campaign on both of those. I would think if I could stop distracting myself with other crap Vesperia, Starlink, Let's Go Pikachu, perhaps Octopath Traveler if it's that long, and FF12 would be good candidates to break that barrier.