I've been given some chips to pass on to someone who can make use of them:

-- V9958 VDP

-- 5 off 41464 RAMs

-- CXA1645P RGB to composite encoder

-- some 74HC154

-- some GAL16V8D

-- some 74HC138

-- some 74HC139

'Free' - but £2 + cost of postage from me in the UK to wherever you are. Payment required by PayPal once posted and I know the actual postage cost.

If you're interested, let me know.

Stuart

Edited by Stuart
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

I've been given some chips to pass on to someone who can make use of them:

-- 2 off V9958 VDP

-- 4 off 41464 RAMs

-- 2 off CXA1645P RGB to composite encoder

All untested.

'Free' - but £2 + cost of postage from me in the UK to wherever you are. Payment required by PayPal once posted and I know the actual postage cost.

If you're interested, let me know.

Stuart

Edited by Stuart
Added that they're untested.
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 9/15/2022 at 12:23 AM, Ksarul said:

Same guy I bought from last week. Seems to be a reasonable source. :)

I would test those chips. I ordered 4 from him, 1 the first time and my Swan was good. I went ahead and ordered 3 more, received them today, got home from work at 11:30pm, and plugged them into my Geneve. 1 of these gives me a swan, the 2nd would not activate the screen, no signal, and the 3rd had the swan chopped up into squares. I will try to do a more detailed test Monday morning before work, but I have got a lot to do before my vacation starts Friday. I'll take pics then.

• Like 1

@KsarulI reported my findings with the seller, with pictures. He asked me to clean the pins, which I hadn't done. After doing so, each chip worked, producing a beautiful swan at start up. The words were not corrupt either.

I probably should have done this first, but considering that he said they were tested, I "ass-umed" they should have worked right off the bat. Which I an relieved to see, considering the rarity of the chips.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, RickyDean said:

@KsarulI reported my findings with the seller, with pictures. He asked me to clean the pins, which I hadn't done. After doing so, each chip worked, producing a beautiful swan at start up. The words were not corrupt either.

I probably should have done this first, but considering that he said they were tested, I "ass-umed" they should have worked right off the bat. Which I an relieved to see, considering the rarity of the chips.

He said they were pulls from working arcade boards, so the advice to clean pins makes sense. Thanks for the update on your purchase!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FarmerPotato said:

What do you do to clean the pins? I have isopropyl 99% and TechSpray, but I haven’t tried it on old metal.

I used 91 % isopropyl  and a pencil eraser. Took a q-tip and washed the pins first, front and back, then after drying gently rubbed the eraser on the pins, front and back, the used a clean q-tip end and alcohol, wiped them clean again. Then dried them, good to go.