IGNORED

Nox Archaist Kickstarter is LIVE!

I am pleased to announce that the Kickstarter campaign for the boxed edition of Nox Archaist is now live!

Click here to pledge!

What's better than a brand new, hand-coded 8-bit classic 80s era tile based RPG? Answer: One that comes in an awesome collector's edition box with lots of cool physical goodies!

What's even better than that? When the game will also feature an NPC appearance by Lord British, the alter ego of Richard Garriott, the creator of the Ultima series of games!

Pledges include the following awesome stuff:

*Full color collector’s game box

*Cloth map

*Printed manual

*Game artifacts such as coins of the realm and various other cool trinkets

All%2Bfeelies%2B-Kickstarter%2Bis%2Blive

All Nox Archaist boxed editions will include 5.25" floppy disks for real Apple II hardware and a flash drive for Mac and Windows PC emulators. The game will also run on real and emulated hard drives with ProDOS installed.

We can't wait to get Nox Archaist into a collector's edition box and put it in your hands.

Click here to pledge!

First off, I'm super excited about this project. I've watched the previews for years and can't wait to play this game. I wish the developers all the success in the world.

With regard to the kickstarter, though, I'm worried that emphasizing "feelies" will distract from the development of the game. I want the team's time spent on shipping the game, not trying to figure out who can make the best colored boxes or cloth maps at scale.

It's hard to ship a well balanced, quality story, robust computer RPG. I wish we could fund these software production efforts without the potential distractions of physical production and shipping.

First off, I'm super excited about this project. I've watched the previews for years and can't wait to play this game. I wish the developers all the success in the world.

With regard to the kickstarter, though, I'm worried that emphasizing "feelies" will distract from the development of the game. I want the team's time spent on shipping the game, not trying to figure out who can make the best colored boxes or cloth maps at scale.

It's hard to ship a well balanced, quality story, robust computer RPG. I wish we could fund these software production efforts without the potential distractions of physical production and shipping.

Thanks for the well wishes! You make some very good points. Thanks of the opportunity to speak to them.

The Nox Archaist project is very fortunate to have a multiple people, 11 in fact, with diverse skills and experience working on the project. Here is a link to our team page. We are of course a part-time team, as nobodies income depends on the outcome of the Kickstarter, which was launched to fund the production of the boxed collector's edition. The game itself will be released regardless.

Specifically with regard to the production and delivery of physical items, we have a team member (Chris Torrence) whose role is dedicated to this aspect of the project. Our programmers will not be distracted from their work by these logistical tasks.

Additionally, much of the work of vendor selection has already been done. We've identified vendors to produce prototypes for all feelies and have firm price quotes from them to order at scale. After the Kickstarter Chris will tally up the order quantiles for materials and place orders with the vendors we've got lined up. In most cases we've got multiple vendors lined up in case something unforeseen happens.

If you have any other question just let me know!

• Like 1