IGNORED

Krisjohn's Mystery Cart giveaway

krisjohn

Okay, it's about time I hosted one of these competitions myself.

I'm currently in the process of photographing pretty much every item in my video game collection. The list is at http://krisjohn.atari.org/stuff.html

A little past half way down (for the moment), on the left, is a mystery cart. Only the slightest bit of the end label is still intact. I have not played it, I have no idea what's on it.

Sometime in the next weekend, local time, I will insert it into my PAL Atari 7800 and play a single game of whatever it is. I will then record anything score-like (score, time, whatever).

You have to guess what the title is and what the score/time will be.

Of the people who guess the title correctly, the closest score/time will win the cart and their choice of: Jungle Hunt, Sky Skipper or any other 2600 title I'm sure I have a spare of (the list will be PMed to the winner).

* One guess per person. Once you've made your guess, you're stuck with it, except...

* Make your guess unique -- if it's the same as an earlier post, yours doesn't count.

* Any editing of messages rules you out of the competition. If you accidentally guess the same as someone else, post another message.

If two people both guess the winning title and their scores/times are the same amount away from the winning score/time (eg; ten over and ten under), the person that guessed the lower score or higher time (ie; worse performance) wins.

My message indicating what the game is and the score I achieved will signal the end of the competition. My next message will announce the winner.

If the game doesn't work, the game otherwise doesn't suit the competition above, or no-one guesses the correct title, the winner will be picked randomly from everyone that posted a guess.

Remember, Perth is eight hours ahead of GMT/UTC and somewhere around 13-15 hours ahead of most of the US. If I do this on Saturday morning it may still only be Friday evening where you are, so don't wait until the last minute!

Can the PM I sent count anyway? I didn't want to divulge my guess before I knew the rules, but it was the same as sku_u's and I can't fathom making another one since I'm absolutely sure that's what it is (and I submitted my PM before he put up his post).

Can the PM I sent count anyway?  I didn't want to divulge my guess before I knew the rules, but it was the same as sku_u's and I can't fathom making another one since I'm absolutely sure that's what it is (and I submitted my PM before he put up his post).

Why don't you just post the game with a different score than mine?

Archived