IGNORED

Unknown Universal Prototype Identified!

Tempest

I don't know if anyone saw the news on my site, but the programmer for the Unknown Universal Prototype contacted me and told me a bit more about it. The game was to be based off the TCF movie Heart Like a Wheel (I think Greg2600 guessed that many years ago) and was almost complete before being cancelled. That's one more unknown prototype identified, now if we could only figure out what that Activision sliding puzzle game was supposed to be called...

You can read my new write up here: http://www.atariprotos.com/2600/software/unknown3/unknown3.htm

• Like 10

That game looks cool; it's too bad it was canceled.

Typo:

"There are three different colored computer components to race against (yellow, blue, and red), each representing the level of difficult. You will have to race the blue and yellow cars a few times in order to see the red car."

Shouldn't that say difficulty?

"There are three different colored computer components to race against (yellow, blue, and red), each representing the level of difficult. You will have to race the blue and yellow cars a few times in order to see the red car."

Shouldn't that say difficulty?

Yes, I'll fix that.

It could possibly be called Rock N Bolt since a sliding puzzle came out for the Colecovision.

No, it's not even remotely close. I think it was an original concept that just never went anywhere.

• Like 1

I don't know if anyone saw the news on my site, but the programmer for the Unknown Universal Prototype contacted me and told me a bit more about it. The game was to be based off the TCF movie Heart Like a Wheel (I think Greg2600 guessed that many years ago) and was almost complete before being cancelled. That's one more unknown prototype identified, now if we could only figure out what that Activision sliding puzzle game was supposed to be called...

You can read my new write up here: http://www.atariprotos.com/2600/software/unknown3/unknown3.htm

Yes, updated our gamepage a few weeks ago:

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-heart-like-a-wheel_17685.html

It explains the H on the sticker.

Nice work!

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter