IGNORED

cessnaace's Blog - Port This Game To Atari #2: Space Zap (UPDATED!)

RSS Bot

UPDATED!

Space Zap was manufactured by Midway and released to arcades in 1980. I really want to play this game, either on the 2600 VCS, or 7800 ProSystem. The Homebrew game for the 2600 called Alien Revenge! borrows some elements of this game. Not enough though. Either Champ Games or SpiceWare could do this game justice. These two outfits have other things in common besides making awesome games. On the arcade conversions Michael Haas handles the Music, Speech (where applicable), and Sound Effects. Nathan Strum designs and produces the excellent artwork, which can be appreciated on the cartridge face labels, the manuals, and posters (where applicable). I have no doubt that Michael Haas can handle the sound work. In fact I know from experience that Darrell. Michael, John, and Nathan produce quality work because I own many of their games (or wish that I did).

Atari 2600 Homebrews By Champ Games (John W. Champeau)

• Conquest of Mars own
  • Lady Bug own. I wish I owned the boxed limited edition, but ordered the cartridge/manual release by mistake
  • Mappy own
  • Scramble wishlisted
  • Super Cobra Arcade own
Atari 2600 Homebrews By SpiceWare (Darrell Spice Jr.)
  • Draconian own
  • Medieval Mayhem wishlisted
  • Space Rocks wishlisted
  • Stay Frosty own
  • Stay Frosty 2 own
Some of the above games were missing from the Wikipedia article devoted to Homebrews for the Atari 2600, so I added them. That would be Draconian, Mappy, Scramble, and Super Cobra Arcade.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Atari_2600_games#Homebrew_games

I know that Champ Games is working on Wizard of Wor Arcade, which I will most certainly purchase. What Champeau and company have planned after that I haven't a clue. I wish that I did. I also wish that I knew what Darrell Spice Jr. and company have in the pipeline, but I don't have a clue there either. I also wish that one of them, or maybe someone else with their talent and skill, will tackle a 2600 conversion of Space Zap.

Youtube Play Video Of Space Zap
The sound appears once the attract sequence ends (at approx. :42 seconds in).

Pretty, pretty please! :)

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/760/entry-15833-port-this-game-to-atari-2-space-zap-updated/