IGNORED

Roll Call for 2600 Game Clubs/Newsletters

JayAre

Hey, everyone. From what I've seen, these were the only 2600 game clubs/newsletters created by the game manufacturers that actually existed in the U.S.:

Atari Game Club (w/ Atari Age magazine)

Activisions newsletter

Imagic Numb Thumb Club (w/ Numb Thumb News magazine)

Data Age promoted its Video Game Club of America, and Mythicon its Inner Circle club. In all my years of collecting, I've never seen any items related to either of these two clubs. I get the feeling they just never got off the ground or had a very limited run.

Outside the U.S., there were clubs/newsletters like the Atari VCS Owners Club Bulletin, Activision Fun Club News, Imagic Club Report, Parker Video Games Club and Tiger News.

Two questions. Were there any other 2600 game clubs/newsletters (created by the game manufacturers) in the U.S.? And has anyone ever seen anything related to Data Age's or Mythicon's clubs? Thanks.

Edited by JayAre

Not a game company, but the Columbia House game club put out a newsletter with their monthly sales selections. I didnt know this until I just picked up a monthly game selection packet with newsletter. The newsletter is just a one pager but still pretty cool.

• 3 years later...

Maybe I should have posted this here instead of the other thread.  I found these two as I was doing some cleaning.  They are from Canada and seem to be different from the ones posted on the webpage - strange, I would have figured the US and Canada would have simply had the same releases.  I don't remember if News from Activision came with the The Atari Owners Club Official Bulletin or not (but its possible) - I only have a few issues #6-8 from 1983 with the final issue being 1983/84.

P3117013.JPG

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mars27 said:

Maybe I should have posted this here instead of the other thread.  I found these two as I was doing some cleaning.  They are from Canada and seem to be different from the ones posted on the webpage - strange, I would have figured the US and Canada would have simply had the same releases.  I don't remember if News from Activision came with the The Atari Owners Club Official Bulletin or not (but its possible) - I only have a few issues #6-8 from 1983 with the final issue being 1983/84.

P3117013.JPG

Interesting.

Never seen these before.

Could you scan these for our database?

8)