IGNORED

Ninjish Guy in low res world

vhzc

ZeroPage Homebrew will be playing the EXCLUSIVE FINAL BINARY of NINJISH GUY IN LOW RES WORLD on tomorrow's (Fri Feb 19, 2021) stream LIVE on Twitch at 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 2AM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

Games:

(SET VIDEO TO 1080P60 FOR FULL QUALITY)

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

@vhzc was wondering which rom is the latest (or are going to post the  final version thats on cart)
asking because its being used for round 2 of the 2021 harmony games under originals?
***round 2 is best graphics btw: which unholy won in the 3rd annual atari awards,but unholy has no scoring system
so  I went with 2nd place which is ninjish guy***
Edit:
I see that pre-release bin that used for the awards is the current  for  public which we will use for the Harmony games. if you want cart version use send me a pm and I'll do that the graphics round start on April 9th

Edited by Dan Iacovelli

• 3 weeks later...

Round 2 of the 2021 Harmony Games have begun (we are using the second place winner of Atari Homebrew Awards  under Best Graphics- Originals  instead for first place winner due that Unholy which did win first has no scoring system so we are using Ninjish guy in low res world which  won second place and we are only using the public release per-release bin in first post of this topic)

Edited by Dan Iacovelli

On 3/22/2021 at 5:17 PM, Dan Iacovelli said:

@vhzc was wondering which rom is the latest (or are going to post the  final version thats on cart)
asking because its being used for round 2 of the 2021 harmony games under originals?
***round 2 is best graphics btw: which unholy won in the 3rd annual atari awards,but unholy has no scoring system
so  I went with 2nd place which is ninjish guy***
Edit:
I see that pre-release bin that used for the awards is the current  for  public which we will use for the Harmony games. if you want cart version use send me a pm and I'll do that the graphics round start on April 9th

Sorry, I miss this post.

You are right, the current public version is this one:

NinjishGuy_prerelease.bin

The actual final version is for now only available via cartridge, but it will released eventually.

Edited by vhzc
  • Like 5

24 minutes ago, vhzc said:

Sorry, I miss this post.

You are right, the current public version is this one:

NinjishGuy_prerelease.bin 32 kB · 1 download

The actual final version is for now only available via cartridge, but it will released eventually.

I figured it out when the looked the attachments list saw the date was May 16th,2020

• 2 weeks later...

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing Ninjish Guy in Low Res World as part of the 2021 Harmony Games on tomorrow's (Tue Apr 20, 2021) stream LIVE on Twitch at 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 1AM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

Games:

(SET VIDEO TO 1080P60 FOR FULL QUALITY)

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I'm new to Atari homebrew so apologies for the lateness to the party but just wanted to say that I love the style and gameplay of this game!  The sprite work especially impressed me from the tiny ninja's simple yet obvious and very cute animations to the sheer variety of enemies and obstacles faced.  Great job! 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, LatchKeyKid said:

I'm new to Atari homebrew so apologies for the lateness to the party but just wanted to say that I love the style and gameplay of this game!  The sprite work especially impressed me from the tiny ninja's simple yet obvious and very cute animations to the sheer variety of enemies and obstacles faced.  Great job! 

Thanks! I am glad that you enjoy my game.

• Like 2

On 6/24/2022 at 12:48 AM, vhzc said:

Thanks! I am glad that you enjoy my game.

I definitely did and thanks for making it.  I'll be moving onto your others next!  Out of curiosity (and I know you've worked on a lot of other titles since) but was there any horsepower left on the 2600 in terms of graphics/cpu cycles when you were done with this or did you pretty much squeeze everything out of it that was possible?   What methods/techniques did you use to code this?  (bB, DPC+, custom kernel, etc)    Your titles have the best combo of sprites and smooth gameplay that I've seen for 2600 homebrew and was curious where I should start learning myself as I'm pretty much at zero knowledge right now.

• 1 year later...
On 6/26/2022 at 8:51 AM, Bomberman94 said:

@vhzcis there a little hope for a PAL version of this fantastic game? ?

Here is a PAL60 hack of the RC3 ROM

Ninjish Guy HSC PAL60.bin

Hasn't been fully tested yet, so whoever wants to can play through it on his PAL TV and report back here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

A little late to the game...Just discovered this. I purchased it yesterday after watching videos on Youtube. Looks awesome. I want to add it over on Twin Galaxies, but was wondering what the differences are between the rom and the actual cart. Anything significant and I'd have to keep Harmony and cart submissions separate.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, Glorkbot said:

What the deifference between the prerelease and the release version of Ninjish Guy?

I can answer this now. There are some graphical differences between the two, but the main difference I noticed is that the cart has a lower scoring system.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, RaGeNyC said:

I can answer this now. There are some graphical differences between the two, but the main difference I noticed is that the cart has a lower scoring system.

Thanks! And sorry for my bizarre typos, lol. And I hadn’t even noticed you asked the same question as me! Good thing I didn’t notice or I wouldn’t have asked again, ha.

Edited by Glorkbot
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Glorkbot said:

What the deifference between the prerelease and the release version of Ninjish Guy?

Hi.

Apart of the scoring system that @RaGeNyC mentioned, the CLEAR message between screens is different, there are some changes in sprites and the final version has an extra screen (or could be two, I made the game years ago :p).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1