IGNORED

Switch lite coming...

To my understanding, the lite doesn't have the av out through the c port. Kind of bummed there. I still preordered one, as I play almost exclusively handheld, but the original is to fragile to be an on the go system.

IF they hadn't removed the av functionality, this would be perfect. One cable and it's own dedicated dock to hook to tv. Maybe the next revision.

Well I preordered one as well. I totally don't mind if it has no docking functionality; I still have my original one and will probably just leave that one docked. The one thing I don't know is how they'll both work with one account. I don't own more than one of any other Nintendo system but I have heard they are not usually very good about that kind of thing. But all my games are on cartridge (no downloads except Bayonetta 1, because that was the only way to get it), so hopefully it'll be mostly fine.

Still feels like it looks a little big in the pics for being a dedicated portable, but maybe it'll seem smaller in person and in my giant spider crab hands.

I'm kind of annoyed that the new regular Switch seems to have the same battery life improvement as the Lite, though. It's probably not worth upgrading since I'll have the Switch Lite but the resale value on those original Switches is going to be crap. I was thinking I might eventually sell my original Switch once I had the Lite, but no one's going to want an original model with the crap battery life unless it's super cheap.

On 8/19/2019 at 10:08 PM, Tanooki said:

I think we'll know for sure once Digital Foundry gets their hands on it and goes over the differing power consumption and the rest as they love not just shooting video in action but tear downs and investigations.

Check out this video on the latest revision. Thats an impressive power savings.

• 4 weeks later...

Is the 20th really right for a release date? I mean, that's next Friday. Usually Tuesday is release for games, don't understand why, but whatever.

What did you guys order? I got the turquoise one coming. I also said eff it and ordered Zelda links awakening. Yes it's twice as expensive as it originally was, yes I already have it twice, and yes Nintendo will find a way for this 16 meg game to not fit on a 2 GB card (I think that's the smallest one Nintendo makes) but it's the best of the 2d Zelda games imo.

I see no reason to get one, my system is chugging on just fine, and if it were to fail I'd just get it repaired until some PRO thing pops up in 2020 as I figured it so they can continue to get the tweaked ports of the other guys stuff for years to come.  If they decided not to and stuck with the device I'd weigh my finances against a repair vs the v2 model with the lower power consumption.

• Like 3

I ordered yellow. I don't know why, but I always like yellow game systems. They usually either look weird and kind of nasty, in which case I like the fact that the manufacturer had the balls to release such an ugly system, or they look like a banana. The Switch Lite in yellow looks like a banana. It's got those rounded corners and just looks like if someone put a mold around a banana while it was growing on the tree.

I went back and forth on yellow and turquoise but I just felt like for me, turquoise would seem a little "loud" to look at all the time while I was playing. Yellow is more soothing to me.

I'll probably still order some kind of new game to go with mine... I'm thinking about Astral Chain.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

I ordered yellow. I don't know why, but I always like yellow game systems. They usually either look weird and kind of nasty, in which case I like the fact that the manufacturer had the balls to release such an ugly system, or they look like a banana. The Switch Lite in yellow looks like a banana. It's got those rounded corners and just looks like if someone put a mold around a banana while it was growing on the tree.

I went back and forth on yellow and turquoise but I just felt like for me, turquoise would seem a little "loud" to look at all the time while I was playing. Yellow is more soothing to me.

I'll probably still order some kind of new game to go with mine... I'm thinking about Astral Chain.

I have the neon yellow joycons for my Switch- they're my faves. :)