IGNORED

2600connection.com (likely to contain malware or other security risks)

I have Webroot on my new computer and the Google search result for 2600connection.com has a yellow icon next to it with a dash in the middle:

post-13-0-66680400-1557688779.png
post-13-0-93202900-1557688785.png

Is the web site really unsafe?

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Update

Since Best Buy recommends Webroot, a lot of people are going to be using it, so if you find out that your web site is mistakenly marked as suspicious, just go here and get it cleared:

brightcloud.com/tools/change-request.php

I got pretty much nowhere with the customer service / technical support, other than them trying to sell me a service for $70 for the year on top of what I already pay.

I am still uncertain why the webroot software is stating why the site is suspicious. There is very little content on there. So I have decided to install webroot internet security free trial for 14 days on one of my computers and will try to see what it suggests. One other friend suggested that I remove everything from the web site and reload it all.

There's no security certificate on that site, so google flags it as non-secure (just like AtariAge.com until the upgrade is complete) ...perhaps that's the problem being flagged by webroot?

I'm not a fan of intrusive nannyware. Maybe you can whitelist 2600connection.com ...or maybe even just use something like DownThemAll to grab the whole site. As Tim D himself pointed out, there's not all that much content up there.

There's no security certificate on that site, so google flags it as non-secure (just like AtariAge.com until the upgrade is complete) ...perhaps that's the problem being flagged by webroot?

That's a totally different thing. Google Chrome says that my site isn't secure since I don't use HTTPS, but Webroot says I have a trustworthy site.

I am still uncertain why the webroot software is stating why the site is suspicious. There is very little content on there. So I have decided to install webroot internet security free trial for 14 days on one of my computers and will try to see what it suggests. One other friend suggested that I remove everything from the web site and reload it all.

After Googling, it seems Webroot uses information from BrightCloud:

community.webroot.com/webroot-secureanywhere-antivirus-12/why-are-my-websites-coming-up-suspicious-on-internet-search-the-security-scans-show-no-malware-230623

community.webroot.com/webroot-secureanywhere-internet-security-plus-13/help-why-is-my-website-showing-up-as-suspicious-286012

Flagging legit web sites as suspicious does not prevent a virus. Get a decent anti-virus and an ad blocker for your browser.

Mitch

Webroot is a decent anti-virus program according to various sources. It also marks web sites that have been proven to be unsafe in red. I don't visit red web sites.

These are the extensions that I have on Google Chrome:

randomterrain.com/rt-useful-software-and-addons.html#google_chrome_extensions

Avast screwed up my old computer, so I didn't have an anti-virus program at the time when an old version of Firefox stopped working properly and wouldn't update itself:

atariage.com/forums/blog/120/entry-15826-got-a-new-computer-from-best-buy-2019/

Since Best Buy recommends Webroot, a lot of people are going to be using it, so if you find out that your web site is mistakenly marked as suspicious, just go here and get it cleared:

brightcloud.com/tools/change-request.php