IGNORED

Did anyone ever make a standard 3-button controller for the Amiga?

Swami

Did anyone ever make a controller that used pin 6, potx (pin 9) and poty (pin 5) straight to ground through three separate fire buttons as an Amiga controller? I don't think there were any games for it. Maybe Amiga went straight from 2-button to the CD32 controller when it came out.

I've never heard of one, or a game that supports one. The theory is sound, since those same pins are used for 3-button mice (which did exist but were rare back in the day), but many developers were still firmly stuck in the old one-button mentality up until the CD32. Even then, many CD32 games were simply older A500 versions stuck on a CD, so only support one of the CD32 controller buttons...

• 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...

Yes, I made it together with friends - it's called the Commotron Deluxe Wireless GamePad - Turbo 2000 Super. Available since Amiga 37 show last weekend. It offers 3 Fire Buttons. It supports C64 (+5V on 2nd 3rd fire) and Atari & Amiga (GND on 2nd 3rd fire). We only have a handful left from the first batch, but the next batch will be delivered to the dealers within 3 weeks. ;-)

• 1 month later...
On 10/18/2022 at 6:02 PM, homecat said:

Yes, I made it together with friends - it's called the Commotron Deluxe Wireless GamePad - Turbo 2000 Super. Available since Amiga 37 show last weekend. It offers 3 Fire Buttons. It supports C64 (+5V on 2nd 3rd fire) and Atari & Amiga (GND on 2nd 3rd fire). We only have a handful left from the first batch, but the next batch will be delivered to the dealers within 3 weeks. ;-)

Available now at Tentelian Retro Shop and Alinea Shop and Dragonboxshop and polyplay.xyz 

your Christmas gaming time is saved. ;-)Hd16L0X.jpgHdhef2e.th.jpgHdheqYu.jpg