IGNORED

Transferring PS1 Game Saves to PS3

Classic Pac

I first thought that transferring Game Saves between a PS1 to PS3 would be easy....use the adapter. Boy was I wrong, have you checked Ebay and other sources lately the cheapest one I found so far is more than what I paid for my PS3 and that is $90. So I had to figure out a way to get those saves off the memory cards without the adapter once I had I went searching for a way to get them either on a PSP or PS3. So far I found no less than 11 different ways of doing this and so far 9 of them don't work. I either get No Saves Can be found or corrupt data messages. I want a way that is simple and direct.

• Like 1

But I am saying I only have about 10 saves I want to transfer over, and I can not justify spending more for one device than I recently spent for 7 games. If I knew someone who had 1 that I could borrow I would, but I don't. I can't believe in all this time no one has figured out a way around this.

• 1 month later...
On 5/22/2019 at 5:38 AM, Classic Pac said:

But I am saying I only have about 10 saves I want to transfer over, and I can not justify spending more for one device than I recently spent for 7 games. If I knew someone who had 1 that I could borrow I would, but I don't. I can't believe in all this time no one has figured out a way around this.

Any luck?

9 minutes ago, Centipede2600 said:

With the slim model, you can digitally download the ps1 memory cards without ever buying the adapter.

What are you going on about? How can you download data off a PS1 memory card without having anyway to interface it with the PS3... I'm sure the slim PS3 does not have memory card slots cause why would they add them when it doesn't support PS1/PS2 discs and you had to buy the games from the PS Store.

• Haha 1

On 7/9/2019 at 12:14 AM, DragonGrafx-16 said:

What are you going on about? How can you download data off a PS1 memory card without having anyway to interface it with the PS3... I'm sure the slim PS3 does not have memory card slots cause why would they add them when it doesn't support PS1/PS2 discs and you had to buy the games from the PS Store.

Recent update. I wouldn't make this up. You can get the mem cards by simply creating a save file. All you do is access it from the memory unit section and select ps1 memory card.

The PS3 slim (not to be confused with the super slim) can play ps1 games, not ps2 like the original model. You could play the ps1 games on the slim model but it is not worth it. Small library. The only time you need to make a purchase is for the Tomb Raider games since they just do not run for some reason. I been on boards stating it has been the case since 2007. Anyways that is for another topic.

Slim model is your best option for saves. I can provide proof or an example if you like. I own the slim model and indeed was able to save my ps1 games and even access the files saved.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Centipede2600 said:

Recent update. I wouldn't make this up. You can get the mem cards by simply creating a save file. All you do is access it from the memory unit section and select ps1 memory card.

The PS3 slim (not to be confused with the super slim) can play ps1 games, not ps2 like the original model. You could play the ps1 games on the slim model but it is not worth it. Small library. The only time you need to make a purchase is for the Tomb Raider games since they just do not run for some reason. I been on boards stating it has been the case since 2007. Anyways that is for another topic.

Slim model is your best option for saves. I can provide proof or an example if you like. I own the slim model and indeed was able to save my ps1 games and even access the files saved.

No you don't understand... the OP wants to copy their own saves off of a physical memory card! Not create an emulated memory card on the hard drive. Which is simple and I've done it for PS2 games (I still play all of my PS1 games on a PS1).

• Haha 1

• 2 years later...

That was entertaining.

The other workaround would be to get one of those old DeX drives and copy the PS1 memory card to an old pc, then put the data on a usb drive and plug that into the PS3 usb port and copy the save to a virtual memory card. And I have no idea what the old DeX Drives cost. The PS3 ones might be cheaper.

You can also use backed up mcr files with PSP by just renaming the files to whatever the virtual memory card on PSP for a game is named and vice versa. I started a Suikoden file on PSP once and moved it over to PS3.