10 members have voted

1. 1. VOTE NOW!

• Fort Apocalypse
    • Callisto
    • Master of the Lamps
    • Tower Toppler
    • Nuclear Nick

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

OK I've totally ignored any suggestions and picked a new set from the games list thread, I have an Idea for JBJ so it will be polling again soon; also BBSB I need another round before I have some serious time free: deteacher - let me know your schedule ;)

Checkout atarimania for info on the games.

Poll closes after current round!

Fort Apocalypse

the classic cavern blaster

fort_apocalypse.png

Callisto

a great modern shooter, only let down by being too short!!

callisto.png

Master of the Lamps

nice pick from carlsson, interesting game, no score but we can play for rounds completed

master_of_the_lamps.png

Tower Toppler

still not sure this works properly but fandal has fixed version so he can perhaps fix it more eh?!

tower_toppler.png

Nuclear Nick

fun but fairly easy platformer

nuclear_nick.png

Yeah, I recently realized that Master of the Lamps has no scoring - just success or failure. :-/

Edit: Also it would seem that Tower Toppler works in Altirra under 130XE emulation though the lack of colours makes it quite a bit dull. NTSC composite video artifacts need to be set to High to get any decent image, setting it to Standard only makes it look worse. I don't know how it would look on real hardware, if that always becomes High.

Edited by carlsson

Yeah, I recently realized that Master of the Lamps has no scoring - just success or failure. :-/

Edit: Also it would seem that Tower Toppler works in Altirra under 130XE emulation though the lack of colours makes it quite a bit dull. NTSC composite video artifacts need to be set to High to get any decent image, setting it to Standard only makes it look worse. I don't know how it would look on real hardware, if that always becomes High.

I think you reveal (pieces of?) the treasures at the end of each level so it would play ok but it does take a while to play, if it dosn't win the poll I'll use it as a theme round option later in the season :idea:

If TT does still lockuo on real hardware then at least we can play on emu :thumbsup:

I really like Nebulus on the c64 but the monochrome Atari version (Tower Toppler) just doesn't look so good.

Edit: Ok I just played it, and it seems to play through the first tower and bonus level correctly.

And enabling NTSC (High) artifacting adds some colour that makes it look acceptable.

Can I change my vote to Tower Toppler? :)

Edited by McKong
  • Like 1

I really like Nebulus on the c64 but the monochrome Atari version (Tower Toppler) just doesn't look so good.

Edit: Ok I just played it, and it seems to play through the first tower and bonus level correctly.

And enabling NTSC (High) artifacting adds some colour that makes it look acceptable.

Can I change my vote to Tower Toppler? :)

ok you've sold me so I voted for it, I can't edit the polls (I'm not yet as powerful as I should be :evil: ) but yes, I will count it as Tower Toppler insted of Callisto :thumbsup:

[edit]

so currently (Fri afternoon) we have Fort Apocalyspe is on 4 and Tower Toppler on 3 votes

Edited by therealbountybob