IGNORED

Deepstone Catacomb in 30 days (360 hours)

mickmuze

On 10/11/2021 at 2:13 PM, Hammer said:

This game looks awesome. I bought a physical copy and wanted to stream it on my Youtube channel. I usually use an emulator, but am unable to dump the cart using the Maxflash device. I'm assuming it's because it's "Melody enhanced" in some way. So, I have 2 questions:

1) If you don't mind disclosing, how are you using the Melody chip?

2) Is there a way I can get a ROM of this game to play in Stella? Like I said, I own the physical box/cart.

Thanks!

Inboxed you

On 10/11/2021 at 2:46 PM, StephenJ said:

I want to get the physical copy of this game as well...but I'm waiting for a no-box option in the AA store.

Thanks, hope you enjoy it when you do ??

• 1 year later...

Late to the homebrew party (as always it seems as a noob to the scene!) but just wanted to pop in and say the game looks great.  I saw a mention of this possibly being released as a download for emulators and was curious if enough time had passed for that to be a possibility.  Regardless, it looks like a blast!

• Like 2

On 10/21/2022 at 2:17 PM, LatchKeyKid said:

Late to the homebrew party (as always it seems as a noob to the scene!) but just wanted to pop in and say the game looks great.  I saw a mention of this possibly being released as a download for emulators and was curious if enough time had passed for that to be a possibility.  Regardless, it looks like a blast!

Thanks for your interest in the game. Albert is planning to have downloading roms a purchasable option on AtariAge. I believe he said he was going to set it up after the forums were updated and PRGE was over. So hopefully this will happen soon.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 10/23/2022 at 9:50 PM, mickmuze said:

Thanks for your interest in the game. Albert is planning to have downloading roms a purchasable option on AtariAge. I believe he said he was going to set it up after the forums were updated and PRGE was over. So hopefully this will happen soon.

Any progress in releasing the ROM?    On the store, it has an option for a box upgrade but I was assuming that the baseline option is still a cartridge (just without the aforementioned box).  Also, do these cartridges work in the new 2600+?   Thanks in advance and congrats again for releasing such a great looking title.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Very sorry for such a late reply.

Unfortunately I still don't have any information on a rom release. That would all be up to Albert. I know he's still working on it but I'm not sure how far along he has got on a system for that.

I really really wish that my games would work on the Atari 2600+ but they do not. The Atari 2600+ does not support DPC+ games. Hopefully Atari will release a more compatible system in the future. I really love the look and feel of the Atari 2600+, it's such a great product in many ways. I'd love to see an FPGA version of it though. I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

• Like 2

Greetings,

9 minutes ago, mickmuze said:

Unfortunately I still don't have any information on a rom release. That would all be up to Albert. I know he's still working on it but I'm not sure how far along he has got on a system for that.

That is a high priority for me, getting off the store I'm currently using and moving to a new, considerably more capable platform. This will happen early in the new year, and I will have additional resources from Atari to make sure it happens.  We are actively discussing this now.

9 minutes ago, mickmuze said:

I really really wish that my games would work on the Atari 2600+ but they do not. The Atari 2600+ does not support DPC+ games. Hopefully Atari will release a more compatible system in the future. I really love the look and feel of the Atari 2600+, it's such a great product in many ways. I'd love to see an FPGA version of it though. I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

Don't lose hope yet, it's possible we will get DPC+ and CDFJ games working on the 2600+, it's something we are working towards.

..Al

• Like 7