IGNORED

Trying to make some PoKEY music!

VinsCool

Hello everyone!

I suppose it may be suited to post here that I've been doing quite a lot of Raster Music Tracker stuff in the past few months, so here's some songs I have done recently, which I think are showing that anyone can do things with patience!

and there are many more in my channel!

Any tips and feedbacks are appreciated! I'm working really hard to improve!

• Like 18

without the EXE's(XEX) we have no idea how it really sounds on the Hardware...

links would be helpful if you have your own site.

so here's his youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFPbZrV53OUhcOjb6_l907w

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

I downloaded Raster Music Tracker and I have no idea how to use it. Is there a manual somewhere? All I found was keyboard shortcuts. How would I go about playing a few notes?

Thanks,

RD

If you downloaded the official package, the manual is in the /docs folder, in html format. Well, actually it is just a list of all commands/keyboard shortcuts, as that is all you need to work with the software.

For a start, I'd suggest loading a random song to the tracker and see how the instruments are made. If you don't feel like making your own instruments yet, just save those that you like from different songs and load them to your song project.

Edited by pseudografx
  • Like 1

I downloaded Raster Music Tracker and I have no idea how to use it. Is there a manual somewhere? All I found was keyboard shortcuts. How would I go about playing a few notes?

Thanks,

RD

It's in ./docs/rmt_en.htm , relative to the directory where you installed RMT 1.28

• Like 1

I must say, RMT has been quite difficult to figure at first, but once you know what you are doing, it's honestly very good, especially when you come up with some clever sound design tricks.

I personally suggest to just try stuff around, until you get something to like, and most importantly, the instrument editor is your best friend, as well as a pretty powerful tool to craft some really good sounds.

Also yes, the manual is always useful! Took me a long time to understand a lot of the stuff going, and only very recently I figured out how to properly use the copy and paste shortcuts, hahaha

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...